Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

WHY do so many say this??

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Over and over in the past week, I've seen friends posting in various places "FML" which means "F**K MY LIFE" and I keep thinking WHY?? WHY would you say that?

I mean, okay, you're having a bad day, bad week, bad month, bad year, but do you really want to throw ALL of it away? No, I'm sure you don't, so why would you say something THAT dramatic?  

It just seems like... IDK... bad mojo? to me for them to say that.

Do YOU say "FML?" Do you really mean it or is it just something you say?

♥ ♥   I love to read. ♥ ♥

by on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1.lucky.momma
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I say f*ck my luck. Fml
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

No I never even think like that, like attracts like and that thinking process draws negative energy...at the very least it makes you focus on the negative parts of your life instead of ways to improve things

That being said, whenever I see it I always think it's Family Medical Leave, LOL. 

dtb-mommy
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:18 PM

When i say it is in more of a joking tone. I have never said it seriously. It's like when i say "oh fuck me!". I am not asking someone to come fuck me. I don't say fml often though. And so what if i do? I love my life. It is amazing. I just happen to have this thing called a sense of humor. Don't take shit so seriously honey.

DeeAustin_30
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:22 PM
I have never said "FML". I've had some bad parts, but who hasn't? I tend to be very critical about myself, so I try to praise the good things in my life, like my wonderful husband of 5 years, who has helped me have 3 amazing children. He has also raised my self esteem to new heights everyday. I wouldn't be the woman I am today if I said "full" at any point.
mcginnisc
by Gold Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:32 PM

Nope...I've had a really icky week, but....it's one week out of our lives that has been a pain...it does not reflect my whole outlook on our lives. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Anoronlight
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 4:36 PM
You get what you put out. I've know this but I've struggled with it for years. But recently I'm working on that, I got involved with an amazing international company and they focus on personal growth a lot, as well as their product.

I'm learning how to put out what I want in my life and put out positive energy more. One of the things I've learned is something called The Law of Attraction, you attract what you are putting out. If you focus on negative things, you will attract more negativity in your life. If you focus on the positive, even despite the bad stuff that happens, you will attack more positive in your life.

It's hard to practice but it IS possible.

Side note: I have a lot of reasons to "FML" right now, but I'm trying to focus on the positive things in my life, rather than all the bad stuff happening.
Lavie74
by Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 5:21 PM

good point

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:07 PM
No I didn't even know that acronym
necisharnee
by New Member on Mar. 21, 2014 at 6:09 PM
I've used it but never seriously.
readyforhim
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 7:56 AM

I didn't even know what it meant, but could see how certain moments are trying enough to make you feel like that, but it would scare me if I felt like that every day...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)