Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it possible to not work and raise 2 kids?

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM
  • 202 Replies
2 moms liked this
I am a single mom and thinking about going back to school full time, but wouldn't be able to work. I'm looking into financial aid, housing assistance, etc. But not sure if I could get by without some sort of income. I don't have family here to rely on.
Anyone gone to school and not worked? How did you do it?
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:45 PM
6 moms liked this

Why can't you work FT and do school PT online ?

Texasgal99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
The program I would be doing is only offered as a FT 2 yr program.

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

Why can't you work FT and do school PT online ?

seraphimsong
by Silver Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:49 PM
3 moms liked this

Can you work at all part time while you do school? I just don't know because I don't know your bills and what kind of financial aid or whatever you would be getting. 

I think most people that do go to school and don't work take out loans to live off of while in school.

Mygirl30248
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:50 PM
3 moms liked this
You can go to school full time & work. Plenty of people I know do that. None if them 100% go to school & don't do any work. How old are your kids? I do things I can bring my daughter to.
EEhvonDee
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:50 PM
If you can find resources and know that you will be ok without then I would say try it out. Do u have reliable daycare for your babies?
little.worthen
by Tess on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:53 PM
34 moms liked this
Lol so basically you're asking, it there a way for everyone else to pay for my kids for a couple years so I don't have to work as hard as all of the other single moms..
KatLee42513
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM
I'm not a single mom but I know for certain my parents would pay for school and help me out while I get my dedication of I were in your position. Do you have family support like that?
Texasgal99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:56 PM
The most I'd be able to work would be PT every other weekend. I don't have family here to help me out or I would find a way for them to help.

Quoting seraphimsong:

Can you work at all part time while you do school? I just don't know because I don't know your bills and what kind of financial aid or whatever you would be getting. 

I think most people that do go to school and don't work take out loans to live off of while in school.

Texasgal99
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 12:58 PM
5 moms liked this
I'm not saying I don't want to work hard. I will be busting my @ss being in school 10-12 hrs a day amd studying in order to make a better life for my kids so I can have a decent income.

Quoting little.worthen: Lol so basically you're asking, it there a way for everyone else to pay for my kids for a couple years so I don't have to work as hard as all of the other single moms..
little.worthen
by Tess on Mar. 22, 2014 at 1:01 PM
26 moms liked this
Well as a prior single mom who went to school full time and worked full time, barely got any sleep and was still involved in her children's lives I say suck it up and deal with it. This is what you were handed. Nobody is going to give you a free ride

Quoting Texasgal99: I'm not saying I don't want to work hard. I will be busting my @ss being in school 10-12 hrs a day amd studying in order to make a better life for my kids so I can have a decent income.

Quoting little.worthen: Lol so basically you're asking, it there a way for everyone else to pay for my kids for a couple years so I don't have to work as hard as all of the other single moms..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)