Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Butte and Libby Montana????

Posted by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 22 Replies
My family is looking into moving and we have found properties in both places BUT i hear about the whole asbestos problem in libby and the toxic water hole thing in butte. Obvioisly people still live in these places but how safe is it? I dont want to be over dramatic just want i guess first hand knowledge from someone. Should i look into other cities or is it really safe to live and Not worry in these towns? I dont want to risk my childrens health but i dont know exactly how bad theae places are.

* Sorry for any typos my phone is acting up.
by on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OrangeDreamPop
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:59 PM
Bump! I live in Texas!
haymama
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Quoting OrangeDreamPop: Bump! I live in Texas!

Thanks for the bump I do too for the moment lol
haymama
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:23 PM
Anybody out there? Somebody has to know something more than I do lol or at least understand it better than myself. Please?
Polkadotpoptart
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:28 PM
I just moved from butte. DONT MOVE TO MONTANA!! You will HATE it. It's too cold, the water is disgusting, too much drama, a lot of car theft etc
haymama
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Quoting Polkadotpoptart: I just moved from butte. DONT MOVE TO MONTANA!! You will HATE it. It's too cold, the water is disgusting, too much drama, a lot of car theft etc

Finally someone from the area.. I miss the cold dearly , we were in Alaska for 3 1/2 years and I miss the cold and snow so much. I can't take the heat down here anymore even though this was were I was raised before moving to Alaska. For us there is too much drama here and would be much less there, and the car theft couldn't be worse than here lol. We don't live in the best area, not the worst but not the best. When we were in Montana before the water seemed ok not that I drank much. Is the water a butte thing or all of montana problem? Is it just bad taste or like sanitary? City or well? Just trying to get as much info as possible sorry if I'm pestering you. Is there any part of montana you would recommend?
Polkadotpoptart
by Member on Mar. 22, 2014 at 11:53 PM
I only lived in Butte and wise river. We lived on well water but well or city it all tasted the same( in butte). It was a sour taste and then they would pour a lot of chemicals once a month.

If you need to move to Montana I suggest Helena or Bozeman. I honestly hated all of Montana. Do not move to Butte. You will regret it

Quoting haymama:
Quoting Polkadotpoptart: I just moved from butte. DONT MOVE TO MONTANA!! You will HATE it. It's too cold, the water is disgusting, too much drama, a lot of car theft etc

Finally someone from the area.. I miss the cold dearly , we were in Alaska for 3 1/2 years and I miss the cold and snow so much. I can't take the heat down here anymore even though this was were I was raised before moving to Alaska. For us there is too much drama here and would be much less there, and the car theft couldn't be worse than here lol. We don't live in the best area, not the worst but not the best. When we were in Montana before the water seemed ok not that I drank much. Is the water a butte thing or all of montana problem? Is it just bad taste or like sanitary? City or well? Just trying to get as much info as possible sorry if I'm pestering you. Is there any part of montana you would recommend?
waytomanykids10
by on Mar. 23, 2014 at 4:30 AM

I personally like the Kallispell area.

haymama
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Quoting Polkadotpoptart: I only lived in Butte and wise river. We lived on well water but well or city it all tasted the same( in butte). It was a sour taste and then they would pour a lot of chemicals once a month.

If you need to move to Montana I suggest Helena or Bozeman. I honestly hated all of Montana. Do not move to Butte. You will regret it

Quoting haymama:

Thank you so much, its nice to hear from someone who has been there
haymama
by Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:26 AM
Quoting waytomanykids10:

I personally like the Kallispell area.

That area is the top place we want to be but unfortunately we can't find a rental we can afford there :(
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Mar. 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM
For scenery Libby is great. Butte is not a pretty place. If you are just looking to move to MT and work isnt a concern try staying pretty close to the North Idaho border as you can. the evergreen forests and mountains are beautiful.

Quoting haymama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)