Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what to do

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:30 PM
  • 7 Replies
So my son's father isn't in the picture. His choice. I want to put child support out on him but I've got to get out of my living situation first. Any tips or words of advice. Im work PT but ive been on maternity leave (just had baby # 2. Same dad.) I have no money saved up sadly. I have family that helps right now but i know it's my responsibility.
by on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 24, 2014 at 10:55 PM
1 mom liked this

why do you have to move before you file for child support?  You should be able to get that no matter what.  

jconney80
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:34 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't need to move to get child support. The father is supposed to pay for his children regardless. That's his responsibility. Welcome to the group though! Do you have any info on how to file for child support?
BrownEyedGirl86
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:10 AM
1 mom liked this
You do t need to wait for child support for any of the reasons you listed.
JessicaEdwards
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:27 AM
1 mom liked this
U don't need to move to put him on child support. He can still live in the home and be on it as long as u are not married seperated yes but married no..
funhappymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. I would definitely file for support and then work on your living situation. Good luck.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

Proud-_-Mom
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:14 PM
I don't live with him. I live with my grandmother and the house just isn't really fit for children. She has alot of stuff (she's a hoarder)
Jessica-Daniell
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Most of the time they don't do house checks for child support unless they get a complaint. At least start the process. Because the sooner u start the sooner unwill b able to get out of situation u r in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)