Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

has anyone tried any diet or diet pills that has worked?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM
  • 21 Replies
I have always been small my whole life and every since I had my daughter I feel huge! I'm not that big but its all in my stomach and I feel disgusted with myself. I don't have alot of money to spend on expensive weight lose plans like weight watchers or anything and I don't just cook for myself so its hard to buy only healthy foods. Any ideas? I was planning on buying the lipozene pills and trying that but I'm very skeptical on pills
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:03 PM
2 moms liked this
Change your eating habits, there are always healthier ways than taking pills!
MommyJill87
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 3:07 PM
Pills are dangerous and short term.

I have a family of 6 so it IS possible to be healthy with a large family.

Clean eating and fitness.
mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:17 PM

Do it all natural and stay away from the pills.  Those are NEVER good no matter how they spin it !  

good luckwith whatever you do !

Kristothatina
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:18 PM
Weight Watchers is like $20 a week. And you eat your normal food. It's just as cheap as the pills. But in my personal experience it's healthier and in the long run it keeps weight off.
Polkadotpoptart
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM
2 moms liked this
Pills kill!

Drink some decaf green tea before bed! Burn calories while you sleep
lazycamper
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 4:19 PM
I decided to be an idiot and take Hydroxycut once. I was deathly ill for two days. Turns out, diet and exercise where the way to go. Lol

Quoting Hottmomma607: Change your eating habits, there are always healthier ways than taking pills!
1stmuslimah
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:24 AM
1 mom liked this

If it's all in your stomach I would say your adrenal glands which are 2 5 oz square glands that sit next to the liver and are responsible for hormone production are making too much Cortisone. If you have a chain where you live called The Vitamin Shoppe they carry a product called Raw Adrenal. It's natural so it's no magic trick, it takes time. The problem is you said you don't have allot of money. A $12.00 bottle taking 2 caps 3 X's a day will only last you about 10 days.

Another option... if your PH levels are off everything is off including if you are making too much Cortisone. Go to any health food store and get a cheap bottle of PH testing strips. You can test by urine or saliva. Urine is most accurate. There will be a color guide to show you where your levels are depending on what color the strip turns. This wont of course make you lose weight but it will tell you where your levels are in which those levels determine how your body is functioning and then you can look up your level doing a GOOGLE search and see what you need to do. Usually if your levels say they are Acidic then you need lots of Chlorophyll and baking soda water.

The baking soda water will make you lose weight. It will make you lose all extra water you are retaining and toxins in your body especially if you never did a detox before.

Just add one tea spoon of baking soda to 12 OZ of water 3 to 5 times a day. That will regulate your PH which will eventually get your body functioning the way it should be including your hormones and the Adrenal glands that make the hormones and it will regulate the Cortisone. 

When someone is carrying their weight in their stomach in most cases it is Cortisone related wiich is Adrenal gland related, which is hormone related. A perfected PH level will regulate that along with a smart diet and exercises would speed up the process.

But if your looking for a quick fix, something over night you're wasting your time because that would require something with a drug in it and those don't give lasting results. You'll end up right back where you started. Instead of putting a band aid on it you have to target the root of the cause of the problem and fix that for lasting results.

nikimom926
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I lost a ton of weight with fitness walking (basically walking fast around town) before my wedding. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables this summer. Drink water instead of anything else. Lean meats and dairy. Coffee with some skim milk for caffeine if you use it. You will be shocked how much exercise everyday can change your figure.
mamafor65roses
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:37 AM

No... But I will say Youtube Moringa Oleifera... It's even been on the Discovery Channel... It's known as "The miracle tree" 

Youtube Zija (a company that distributes Moringa) -Though I don't suggest buying from them.

You can find Moringa on Amazon. If you Youtube both of these... Also google... But Moringa +weight loss.. or moringa + high blood pressure.. Etc... Outstanding reports...

People in third world countries use this for nutrition. (Look up the nutrition facts). They use every piece of the plant.

When you feed your body the nutrients it craves, it will often reward you. Trying to eat well doesn't hurt.

I have a 4 year old and a 5 year old. My 5 year old has Cystic Fibrosis and is on a high calorie diet. I make super healthy meals... I add calories to hers and I make regular for us. But in general it's healthy. My daughter is always begging me to make chicken and green (spinach) rice.

www.justapinch.com has groups about dieting and stuff.. Maybe you could find a group and see some tips, etc.

Oh, and my miracle workout passion? Planks. They are awesome. They suck... But my neighbor is a personal trainer, and that was one of my favorites... It works.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:17 AM
1 mom liked this
Pills don't work in the long run. You may lose some at first, but eventually you have to stop taking them(because they are so unhealthy for you). Make a lifestyle change. No diet or pill or shake will ever compare to healthy eating and excercise. There is no reason you can't make it fun for the whole family too.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN