Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm new!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

This is my first time being at Cafemom! I am 32 years old; I have two girls from a previous marriage and two

stepsons. My husband and I are super happy; however, he has an ongoing court battle with his bitter ex wife. They have 50/50 custody (which isn't working out for the boys) and those boys have been put through the ringer!!! They were in three schools in less than a month! (She put them into a different district, almost one hour drive away just to hurt my husband).

Their behavior shows it so it's been very stressful. They have just started going to counseling (I am pro-counseling for children). I also have severe health issues (two diagnosed autoimmune diseases and possibly a third, waiting on rhuemotologist results).

Hope to talk to other moms here! I need all the support I can find right now!

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Hello! I am sorry that the children, and you and your husband, are having such a hard time. :(

funhappymom
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I am sorry for what your family is going through. How old are your step-sons?

Stepmom Central

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Welcome!  

I'm sorry that your step sons are suffering because of their mom's anger at their dad.  That's sad.  I am very glad though that they are in counseling.  Are you and their dad considering requesting full time custody?  How old are the boys?

Fauxy
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this

If 50/50 is not working why doesn't your husband just let them stay with mom during school week and take weekends? Especially with your health issues it may be a great option.

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:26 AM

Hi, Welcome to CafeMom! Hope you love it here as much as I do!

ZombieMami
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:31 AM
Hi, I'm new also! Haven't really figured all this out yet. I'm sorry about the things your family is dealing with.
artsymomi81
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:25 AM

Quoting Fauxy:

If 50/50 is not working why doesn't your husband just let them stay with mom during school week and take weekends? Especially with your health issues it may be a great option.

I wish we could do something like this!! It's all a mess and thankfully my mother-in-law helps us out with the driving. The boys are 7 and 9.

artsymomi81
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Welcome!  

I'm sorry that your step sons are suffering because of their mom's anger at their dad.  That's sad.  I am very glad though that they are in counseling.  Are you and their dad considering requesting full time custody?  How old are the boys?

Boys are 7 and 9. And the next  court date is April 14th. He wants full custody. They have moved six times in two years and swapped schools three times in a month. It's a big mess.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN