Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hey there mom's...

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

Hello Ladies, I'm Niki- here's a little bit about my family and I...

I have a 24 yr old son and a 20 yr old daughter, all grown up now confused "Empty Nest Syndrome" was a bummer for me being my kiddo's left home pretty much back to back. My son was stationed in Hawaii (Army) my daughter followed shorty after graduation. Even though they were grown and gone and SO FAR AWAY, I'm grateful they had the opportunity to live in Hawaii, even though it was only a few years. How many of us can say " I lived in Hawaii"??? Lol... I was ECSTATIC when they moved back to our home town! Both now live in nearby towns not far from my hubby and I. In addition to my 2 kids, I'm blessed with 4 “beautiful” step daughters and 1 step son. The girls are 25, two are 13 and our little one is 9. My “handsome” little step son is 11. I'm the PROUD Grandma of 3 of the most “Handsome” little men you could ever lay eyes on! Whom I spoil rotten of coarse being grandma's can do that!! (Shh) don't tell their mom's or dad's... Lol- Being a grandma is Awesome!!! AND my daughter is expecting in May “IT'S A GIRL!!!” I'm So excited!!! Last but not least- I'm married to a wonderful,  VERY wonderful man who is as sweet as could be! We are “Newly Weds” married early August of last year. I'm so very blessed, I truly am... Well Ladies, can't wait to get going here and look forward to getting some much needed advice in hopes it will help our family and what we are currently dealing with. Also looking forward to helping those of you who may need some advice as well. Going to start out reading some posts and will be adding a post myself soon. Until then, take care and have a great evening :-)

by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BoopBettyBoop
by Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 6:02 PM

Welcome to the Cafe!  Sounds like you have a wonderful family and excited for you for your new grand-daughter, how fun!

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:04 PM

Hi, Niki! Welcome to CafeMom! You are so lucky that your children chose to move fairly close to you! :) Congratulations on the upcoming birth of your new granddaughter.

Here is a group that I also enjoy:

mom_dl6
by Platinum Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:47 PM

Hello and welcome to cafemom be sure and browse the groups and find more that you're interested in. Have fun and enjoy CafeMom simple smile

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:51 PM

Hello & Welcome!

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Welcome. How fun that your kids got to live in Hawaii for a few years.

AmeriplanAmyJ
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello nice to meet you!!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)