Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

anyone have problems trying to get their partner to fully commit to TTC after you decided together that it was the right time?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
I'm open to any advice. I dont want to annoy him. But how many times his he going to go back and forth changing his mind??
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:38 PM

what is ttr?   I would shelf the conversation for a few months so that everyone can relax.

bblue21
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 7:47 PM
Lol oops my phone has a mind of its own sometimes. The conversation has been shelved for quite sometime. I'm starting to think he's just telling me what I want to hear instead of what he really feels. Which is ridiculous bc after 6years of a strong relationship and being best friends he shouldn't have to do that. He should be open and honest about it.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:01 PM

It is a momentous decision that will affect both of your lives forever. If he isn't sure, the last thing you want to do is to try to persuade him.

funhappymom
by Silver Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 8:41 AM

Making the decision to TTC is a huge decision. It will affect the rest of your lives.

Have you asked him why he keeps wavering? He could just be scared, he could really not want children, it could be something else. I would sit him down and talk with him as to why. Once you do, you'll need to decide how to go from there.

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Have you talked with him about why he's been a little wishy/washy about it?  Is he possibly afraid of what might happen once a child enters the picture?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)