Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

weight loss surgery has anyone on here done it!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM
  • 3 Replies
How many of yall have had some type of form of weight loss surgery ive been considering it i have tried alot things to help me and nothing is workin and i feel that this is the only thing that is gnna help me im 24 and weigh 260 ive gained 30 pounds in the last year and there is never a day that i hate my self for getting this way i havnt talked to my family about it my aunt also had the gastric bypass surgery n it help her alot and got rid of most of her medical problems shes had i want to do this for me and nobody else i habe a three year old daughter and i wanna see her grow and be there for her my biggest feat is getting like the ones on my 600 pound life and obesity runs in my family especillay on my mothers side shes heavy my brother me and my sister as well as my nephew and my aunts i want yalls input im bout to have another surgery for a tumor on my ovary and ive told my self im going to give it one more try for a year to see how much i loose and if i dont see results i want to get the surgery done yalls comments can be encourging or i know some can be really rude an mean and i dont need that on here thank yall
♥Live love laugh ♥
by on Mar. 25, 2014 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
gypsy30
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

I have not had it done, but I know people who have.  My niece had it several years ago, and she is now back to being as big as she was before the surgery.  She simply eats too much.  My son's gf's mother had it also, and she is nothing but a bag of skin now.  My  niece's mother had lipo several years ago too, and she is back to her orginial weight too.  Because she eats too much too.  When I wanted to lose some weight, I just started eating healthier.  I didn't go on a 'diet', because that's just depressing.  I watched my total fat intake and I lost it easily.  And I do not exercise, other than walking my dogs.  When my son wanted to lose weight, I prepared him lowfat food too.  Lowfat food tastes very good.  He lost 60 pounds in 6 months.  I didn't count calories, I just watched the fat grams.  It's not that hard to do, and you do not have to diet.  One day a week, when I wanted to lose weight, and when my son did, we had a 'free' day, in that we ate whatever we wanted...like if we wanted a steak, we ate steak.  I cooked a lot of grilled and baked chicken, fish, but we stayed, mostly, away from red meat.  There is a lot of fat in red meat.  Maybe try something like that before you do something so drastic as have a surgery.  Because even afterward, you still have to watch what you eat.  

countrymomma81
by Belle*of*the*Bayou on Mar. 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM

A good friend just had it in August. She's lost tons of weight, but there are a lot of negatives. She's losing her hair and had to cut it really short so that it's not noticeable. She's got to take so many vitamins and supplements and they make her sick. She bruises really easily and can't wear shorts because her legs are covered in bruises. 

I have another friend that did it almost 10 years ago. She lost maybe 30 lbs. Also my SIL's husband's aunt did it and the doctor nicked her pancreas and now she's constantly sick and on disability. Yeah, she lost weight but her quality of life is worse then it was before the surgery. 

Good luck and do tons of research before you do it. 

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:34 PM
1 mom liked this
i didnt have one done but seriously considered it myself. i also put a post up and got lots of feed back. im now seeing a nutrisionist who is helping me and guiding me. i wish you the best of luck. i know how stressful this can be, which dont help.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)