Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

if you've had a tooth extracted....quick question.

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:14 AM
  • 9 Replies
I had a bottom molar extracted today. I followed the dentist's instruction on how to not dislodge a blood clot etc..This was around 10am. I just now looked into my mouth & see some dried blood in the socket, but it's not covering up the whole hole. I can see bone still. Is this normal? I was under the imoression the clot would cover the whole area. Now, I'm worried about dry socket. Dentist is closed, so thought I ask on here so I can sleeo peacefully tonight lol. Did your blood clot cover the whole area?.
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:23 AM
Bump
elzingah36
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:24 AM
Bump!
HIJKLM
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:26 AM
I've only had my wisdom teeth pulled and couldn't see it but here's a bump
ladytweet
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:28 AM

no thats fine i had 2 taken out ... you can rise your mouth with salt water ... but you should be fine 

Megs5384
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:28 AM

I don't ever remember being told anything about a blood clot when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I just remember having to rinse with warm salt water and make sure no food got stuck. You're probably ok for tonight and just call in the AM to make sure everything is good.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:31 AM
1 mom liked this

If you had a dry socket you would not be able to sleep. The blood clot is still forming, but I dont think you will be able to see all of it. Hope you feel better soon

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:32 AM
I want to rinse so bad, but scared of losing whatever clot there is lol. I' a paranoid freak like that.

Quoting ladytweet:

no thats fine i had 2 taken out ... you can rise your mouth with salt water ... but you should be fine 

ladytweet
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:44 AM

it is normal i promise just stop looking at  it lol! !!!! it is sppouse to be a small .... 

funmommy123
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:52 AM
Lol my dh always get mad at me, because I freak myself out.

Quoting ladytweet:

it is normal i promise just stop looking at  it lol! !!!! it is sppouse to be a small .... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN