Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

IF YOU HAVE A RABBIT COME HERE!!!

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM
  • 7 Replies
We just recently got a mini Rex rabbit for the family. She's still a baby. Not sure how old but she's really little. I did read they get bigger so I hope she does! Anywhoo. If you have a rabbit ad cage what's your set up? What do you use for the bottom. Even a pic of someone's cage maybe would give me better ideas.
I've been trying to litter train her but I'm pretty sure I just confused the eff out of her lol. I need to take the box out and let her pick her own potty spot.
Thanks for anyone who helps!!
by on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Why123
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:19 PM

My son also has a mini rex.  They have had 3 cages as the rabbit got bigger.  I think she is as big as she is going to get now.  They now have a heavy duty cage because the rabbit figured out how to get out of the other 2.

OrangeDreamPop
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM
What do you use for bedding?

Quoting Why123:

My son also has a mini rex.  They have had 3 cages as the rabbit got bigger.  I think she is as big as she is going to get now.  They now have a heavy duty cage because the rabbit figured out how to get out of the other 2.

Why123
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:22 PM

Wood shavings or hay.  Sometimes alfalfa.

Quoting OrangeDreamPop: What do you use for bedding?
Quoting Why123:

OrangeDreamPop
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 12:50 PM
Really, do you put news paper under? And you just clean it weekly? Where does it pee?

I'm sorry I have no one else to ask lol! Thank you though for anwsering my ridiculousness

Quoting Why123:

Quoting Why123:

Why123
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:01 PM

No newspapers.  The rabbit will shred the newspapers, chew on them and make a mess.  The rabbit will find a spot it likes and that is where it will go.  You dump and clean it weekly like like you would a cat's litter box.  A rabbit can be litter trained but I have never done it.  They should have bedding at the pet store where you got the rabbit.  A gravity water bottle is the best because the rabbit will spill it's water any other way.  The pet stores or grocery stores sell rabbit pellets for food.  You could also feed it lettuce or other veggies.  Just don't over do it.  They are healthier if they just eat the alfalfa pellets.

Quoting OrangeDreamPop: Really, do you put news paper under? And you just clean it weekly? Where does it pee? I'm sorry I have no one else to ask lol! Thank you though for anwsering my ridiculousness
Quoting Why123:

Quoting Why123:

Randi02
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 1:52 PM

Mobile Photo

Our rabbit is 3 or 4 and she has aspen shavings in her cage.
She gets Timothy hay daily, along with her regular food and water. She has a chewing stone for her teeth.
OrangeDreamPop
by Member on Mar. 26, 2014 at 2:03 PM
That's what she's been doing and I've just been scooping it and putting it in her litter box but then she just picks another corner. Where I got her was more a ranch store ( I live in a small town in Texas ) it looked like the cage had wood chips but I didn't look there, just got some stuff from the local pet store. I've given her greens and she really enjoys them. Pellets too

Quoting Why123:

No newspapers.  The rabbit will shred the newspapers, chew on them and make a mess.  The rabbit will find a spot it likes and that is where it will go.  You dump and clean it weekly like like you would a cat's litter box.  A rabbit can be litter trained but I have never done it.  They should have bedding at the pet store where you got the rabbit.  A gravity water bottle is the best because the rabbit will spill it's water any other way.  The pet stores or grocery stores sell rabbit pellets for food.  You could also feed it lettuce or other veggies.  Just don't over do it.  They are healthier if they just eat the alfalfa pellets.

Quoting OrangeDreamPop: Really, do you put news paper under? And you just clean it weekly? Where does it pee?

I'm sorry I have no one else to ask lol! Thank you though for anwsering my ridiculousness

Quoting Why123:

Quoting Why123:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)