Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My 8 year old dd made my 18 year old ds cry...which made me cry

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM
  • 5 Replies

Ds is 18, has graduated, works a full time job and is moving in with his girlfriend of 3 years.  (I'm not really found of this arrangement, but they are both good kids and I just worry that they are not ready for this step) anyway, he was packing up his room last night and dd walked in and crawled up on his bed, I was carrying a box up when I heard them talking, so I just waited in the hall and listened (they usually have silly conversations) this is what I heard:

DD: Why are you leaving?

DS: Cause Madi and I are moving in together and there isn't enough room here for all of us.

DD: But I'll never see you again

DS: I won't be that far, you will see me all the time

DD: Madi can have my room, I'll sleep in the living room.

DS: That wouldn't be fair

DD: Do you still love us?

DS: Yes, I love you

DD: Then please don't leave, I'm going to miss you

DS: (sigh) Would it be better if you spent the night at our house the first night?

DD: No!!! You can't leave!  I don't want you to go!  If you leave it will be no fun here!  If you leave I'll hate you forever!

She walked out and slammed his door.  She brushed past me and into her room.  I opened his door and he was laying on the bed crying...I sat with him and cried too.  This is a tough time for us, and I hope it works out ok, but I guess I was so consumed by how I felt about it, that I never thought about how the younger three are feeling.  We've decided to have a family dinner tonight so that everyone can speak their minds and get their feelings out...

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
emilysmom8
by Dawn on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:03 AM
2 moms liked this
:( that is sad. But at least they seem to have a close relationship. Talk to your son and see if maybe once a week (or once a month) he can spend a little time with his sister (alone) so she can see he is not leaving her behind...
mom8-18
by New Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 11:11 AM

that shouldn't be hard, when he told her he wasn't going far he was being truthful, their apartment isn't even a block and a half away, so he will see her allot.  Maybe not for the first couple of days, but I know Madi can't cook very well, so I'm sure their feet will be under our table quite a bit.

.mack.
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 12:37 PM
My boyfriend's little sisters (8 & 14) miss him a lot, too. We live about 45 minutes away but we try to go see them once a week. He was gone in the Army for the past 4 years and had just come back home to his parents house to get settled back in WA when he moved in with me instead. They all wanted him to stay with them forever.
withsecond
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 1:00 PM

Aw... She'll be okay once she realizes he will come back to visit with her and she can visit there with him. 

raven1114
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:48 AM

That is sweet and sad at the same time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)