Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you have children? If not...

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have children?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

I read on here quite frequently how people say they don't have kids and it always makes me wonder, "Why are you on CafeMom?" 

I just wanted to mainly hear from those who don't have kids and why they are on these forums. It's a genuine question, I'm not bashing anyone. I'm just honestly curious as to why you would be on CafeMom if you didn't have kids. :)

I count "having kids" as anyone who has guardianship over a child, whether you gave birth to them or not.

by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
WILDCATGAL78
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:03 PM

I have read that a lot people join the "sister" site(s) of Cafe Mom like The Stir. I joined when I was pregnant and one of my FB friends had a link to Cafe Mom and The Stir on her page.

FutureCooper118
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 4:15 PM

I don't have any "living" children. I am on here because I am ttc, am looking for Endometriosis support, and there is a very lovely miscarriage support group on here as well. When I became a "new" member I was surprised how many people told me I shouldn't be on here not even realizing the groups I was in or that I'm ttc. Not the warmest welcome and rather judgey in my opinion. Why does it even matter?? I had one person say that a transexual member belonged here more than me.... SMH.

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 7:40 PM

I didn't even know what "The Stir" was, so I just learned something new. :)

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 3:12 PM

I figured there would be more people voting "no"....maybe my title isn't exciting enough. :)

rae316
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:16 PM

There are a lot of reasons. 

If you're trying to have a baby

If you've lost a baby

If you're planning on having kids, whether on your own or adopting. 

Brenna
by Gold Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I have kids, but was on mom sites while I was ttc.

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:43 PM

I have one child. I joined when I was pregnant with her, waaaay back in 2006.

happydancer
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:52 PM

my oldest is a grown man, lol man, go figure, at 19

oh fiddle dee dee

blue_apalt
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:07 PM
I've wonders similar. I understand if you are looking for a support system for something having to do with a child or pregnancy (miscarriage, pregnancy/infant/child loss, ttc, infertility, etc) and join a group for support in those things. I ended up here because I had a group over on Pregnancy info.net that moved here yrs ago when cm started up. I was on PI.net because of a miscarriage support group after a couple of losses and then in a pregnancy group there when prego with my now 7yr old -support for pregnancy or child related topics/issues you are facing and related topics, I get; it makes sense someone might be around without having a living child in those caes.. However I've read the occasional commenter who has no kids and isn't trying for any currently or looking for a support system due to a pregnancy/patenting situation, and in those cases I've wondered wtheck they are on the site for as well. ??
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)