Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

6 year old's father said WHAT?!

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
I don't get along with my daughter's biological father. I left him when she was 3 months old. He was abusive, an alcoholic,and a controlling jerk. I met another man who I have been with since she was 3 months old, she is now 6 and she has two little brothers now. Anyway, her father has been in jail for the last year and a half for biting a man's ear off. Yes, that's right... he BIT a man's ear off.

If I had it my way, he would have nothing to do with her. He's nothing but a disappointment to her, in and out of jail all the time... however, someway, somehow, he always gets his way. He was granted visitation in prison once a week. Unbelievable, I know. That's not even the best part. I'll save that for the end...
He's now home, and yes he lives with his parents, always has. I asked him to switch the visitation day this past weekend so he'd get her Saturday instead of Sunday because my niece was having her birthday party on Sunday. He agreed to it the week before, and then suddenly Friday night, he changed his mind. My daughter called him and said- "The reason I want to come over Saturday instead of Sunday is cuz i want go to Lilli's pool party--" he interrupts her to say, "Angelica, tell your mother she's immature, and I'll see you Sunday" CLICK! hung up on her. First of all, ARE YOU KIDDING ME? You're really gunna tell a 6 year old little girl to say something bad to her mother and then call yourself a father? I didn't even want to let her call because i knew he'd think I put her up to it, but she was crying and wanted to talk him. So now, not only is she upset she can't go to her cousin's party, but she's devastated that this person who claims to be her father told her call her mommy immature. As much as I hate him, I NEVER EVER bad mouth him to her or in front of her. I believe she will form her own opinion of him and she doesn't need my help. She doesn't know the horrible things he's done.
Anyway...finally, his mother calls me at 11am and says they changed their minds. They are going to come get her. So now she's happy.. great. They are supposed to get her from 11am to 7p.m... since they didn't end up getting her until noon, I told them they could keep her till 8 and he says, just pick her up at 7. Again... are you KIDDING me? But you actually give a shit about your kid right? END OF RANT
Sorry if there are typos.. I'm posting this with my phone and autocorrect hates me sometimes, hopefully the post makes sense lol.
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberNewman0213
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Saying that to her on the phone with a visitation order in TN is contempt in court. Check your state laws. I would keep her and make him get a lawyer to see her.
momofthree3708
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Who could possibly not be absolutely in love with this perfect little angel? She is so amazing. Smart, funny, compassionate, and everything good and pure.. and he just dismisses her, yet fights me tooth and nail every time we go to court.
momofthree3708
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:46 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not a law out here.. and the problem is, he has a lawyer. We've been to court over and over and every time we go, he gets more and more and I get less child support. I don't know how he pulls it off. They wanted to give him 5-7 years in jail and he walked out of there in 20 months..

Quoting amberNewman0213: Saying that to her on the phone with a visitation order in TN is contempt in court. Check your state laws. I would keep her and make him get a lawyer to see her.
amberNewman0213
by Member on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM
That's our justice system for you! My ex husband was able to keep MY INFANT SON away from me for almost an entire year when we seperated. Because there was no custody agreement and I had to save money while supporting my other daughter and myself. While he lived jobless with his parents. Everything's worked out now. I remarried and have my son back. But you can guess he is still 26 years old no job no car living with mommy and daddy.

Quoting momofthree3708: I'm pretty sure that's not a law out here.. and the problem is, he has a lawyer. We've been to court over and over and every time we go, he gets more and more and I get less child support. I don't know how he pulls it off. They wanted to give him 5-7 years in jail and he walked out of there in 20 months..

Quoting amberNewman0213: Saying that to her on the phone with a visitation order in TN is contempt in court. Check your state laws. I would keep her and make him get a lawyer to see her.
Outspoken.Mime
by on Mar. 27, 2014 at 9:57 PM

Why did you breed with him in the first place?  He was just as much of a gem when you thought it was a good idea to sleep with him.

ducabbage
by Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 6:51 AM
Is trying to win his parents over a possibility? Maybe he is just doing the visitation for them. If you could maybe get on their good side maybe they can be a buffer to him. Your daughter is adorable by the way. Good luck to all of you.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:07 AM
I would try to either have discussions/decisions made over email or after conversations follow up with an email stating what was discussed so you have documentation. I'm sorry your adorable DD has to go through this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rae316
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 1:53 PM
Wow, he sounds like a piece of work.
C.Withington
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I don't know what state you're in but in KS my lawyers told me to have everything in black and white. ( texts, emails, letters ect.) don't communitcate over the phone, do everything via text message or email. 

HaroldsMom
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 7:20 PM

This and when he call's try to record the call's don't give up and as for your little one she sweet to look at how could you not love her happy

Quoting C.Withington:

I don't know what state you're in but in KS my lawyers told me to have everything in black and white. ( texts, emails, letters ect.) don't communitcate over the phone, do everything via text message or email. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN