Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Natural Family Planning

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:25 PM
  • 6 Replies

I am getting my Mirena taken out tomorrow and BF and I decided that we would do pull out and condoms for a few months before starting to try to concieve #2. Can someone tell me how to start tracking my ovulation? Can you tell me what Natural Family Planning is? Or point me to the right board to ask?

by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
afinecupoftea
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:56 PM

In order to track your ovulation, you will need a basal body temperature thermometer (you can find them at Wal-Mart), which should come with charts that you can mark your body temp on every morning. You will also need ovulation testing strips for the first couple of months until you get your cycle figured out, in order to avoid accidentally having sex around ovulation before you learn how to read the signs on the chart.

afinecupoftea
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM

Also, the Fertility Fried app and the Ovuview app both have really great tools for marking and keeping track of menstruation, ovulation, etc. that are much easier for some than keeping track of paper charts. They are also really great for helping you track physical symptoms of ovulation, which is key to NFP as well.

afinecupoftea
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:58 PM

*friend

Quoting afinecupoftea:

Also, the Fertility Fried app and the Ovuview app both have really great tools for marking and keeping track of menstruation, ovulation, etc. that are much easier for some than keeping track of paper charts. They are also really great for helping you track physical symptoms of ovulation, which is key to NFP as well.

CafeMom Tickers
Cymbeline
by Spock's 2nd Cousin on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Pick up a copy of Taking Charge of your Fertility.

It takes practice, but it works well when done properly.

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:30 PM

Hello and welcome!

You might enjoy the Natural Birth & Parenting group!

Its_kay_10
by New Member on Mar. 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I just downloaded the Fertility Friend app. Looking at it now thanks. 

Quoting afinecupoftea:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)