Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Hello!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
I am back again and am going to cut to the point since my last post was kind of long and boring.
My second issue is been a step mom. I know what I walk my self in too and do I wish I could of walk out of it when I had the chance? Yes!
I fell in love too quick and I just couldn't let him go, because I knew he was the man I wanted to marry. Sorry I do have a bad spelling g and bad grammar, so I apologize. My step daughter is not a trouble maker, she's a really good girl. She's 6 and she calls me mommy. My only issue is that I have to share my life with her mom. I can't stand her, and since my step daughter is 6 then I have to deal with her mom. At first I try been cool with her mom, I would take care of her while my husband was at work and I was the one in charge so I would send her pics of my dougther and let her know how she was doing. One day she got sick and had to take her back with her mom so the next day I send her a msg asking how my step dougther was doing. So she replays: I understand you r D***** wife but I would like for him to ask not you. And she also text my husband : look I understand she is your wife but just know that I didn't had my douther with her, but with you. Every since then I don't like her for shit and I definitely stop been the nice step mother. I am not a bad mom to her but I sure stop Sending her pics of her, don't reply to her msgs. I hardly have my step dougther with me. Y should I take care of her now since I didn't have her right.. I do not have to struggle and now my step dougther mom is the one struggling, she now has two other little girls and still no father and I know she now needs help and when she try's to send my step dougther over, I say no. Now we have her 4 times a month or less. I love my step dougther and am not a violent parent whatsoever, I love kids. But she did treath me that if I ever hit her doughter or something. Well that's all she said and I dont even do that to my son I try to teach both of them ass much possible to be good kids. And even doe I don't like her mom, I always tell her to behave at her house... Main point. Her mom..
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
rae316
by on Mar. 28, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Let him deal with her. 

Just becasue she doesn't want to deal with you, doesn't mean you shouldn't do things for your step daughter. Why take it out on her because her mom doesn't want to work with you? That's not fair to her. 

Maybe her mom is jealous? Maybe she just truly doesn't like you? Who knows, if she doesn't want to deal with you then be thankful you don't have to talk to her. Let your husband do it. 

Bonita8790s
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:41 AM
Well I feel like even if she doesn't like me that she has to put up with me and come to me when it comes to my step dougther. I feed her, I shower her, I take care of her, I am there when she is sick. And other stuffs so like it or not she has to come to me. If I would let my husband handle my step dougther since I didn't had her then she would only come 1ce a week. And he can't take care of her like I do... What I would want her to understand is.. It doesn't matter who texted you, who you talk to as longest you get answers from your dougther. Y does it matter if my husband answers her if she only wants to know about her. One my husband work and am with her, so she ask him. How is my dougther, has she ate? How is he suppose to know when am the one with her.., all I want is for her to dont care who texts her as longest she knows about her and that she better b glad am a good step mom. Other wise she wouldn't b happy... I love kids and will never harm them I don't even believe on spanking... So far time out has work for my son..
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 7:55 PM

It is a little difficult to read your post because of not enough line breaks.

It sounds as though you should do all you can for the child with tender love.

Bonita8790s
by Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:19 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I know. Am sorry horrible grammar and speller. But I do, she loves coming over and I love having fun with my kids. I have a son of 4 and my step dougther is 6. I like to sit with them and ask them about their day, or what bothers them and I love when they start a story lol... But love spending time with them..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)