Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Trying to Eat Healthy, but Husband Is getting me off Track!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
My husband is 5'10, 325lbs...he works mostly at night and im 5'7, 175 lbs, I go to school and work til 7 pm....its hard to eat healthy when I have a husband who eats rRoman noodles, junk food and fast food all the time...what can I do??!??!
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:39 AM

WElcome to CafeMom,

Is your husband interested in losing weight at all with you?
Just get some fruits & veggies for yourself.
Find the healthy foods for yourself & ignore his foods.

I know easier said than done but give it a try.
Also drink a lot of water.

Hugs to you & good luck :)

Quoting lawilliamzuniga: My husband is 5'10, 325lbs...he works mostly at night and im 5'7, 175 lbs, I go to school and work til 7 pm....its hard to eat healthy when I have a husband who eats rRoman noodles, junk food and fast food all the time...what can I do??!??!

lawilliamzuniga
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:41 AM
I eat healthy and be on track one week and next week I fall off track...maybe its stress from school and work...I always indulge in peanut M&Ms and classic Lays potato chip!!! :) im so bad!!! Lol
3Rasberries
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:38 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand. I want to lose about 15-20 pounds. I try to eat healthy, but my husband can eat a ton of junk food and lose weight. It is frustrating. I know it is my own fault for not having the will power to say no, but having a ton of junk food in the house is too tempting, I will do well for a few days and then not realize I am binging till the damage is done. He is leaving for a year, so I am going to take full advantage of getting back in shape while he is away. Have you tried packing a bunch of healthy snacks to munch on during the day so you aren't hungry when you get home? 

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 1:53 AM
I have been trying to eat healthier because in have about 100 lbs to lose and because our youngest is diabetic. My husband sand hates vegetables. I absolutely love them, I couldn't survive off them and fruits but I live meat to make changes to willingly go that far lol. What I have done, and it was a hard lesson
for me to learn, was to cook healthy and if my husband didn't eat it too bad. Sooner or later he will get hungry enough to slowly starting eating more and more of what I cook, its just a waiting game at this point. All I have to do is last longer than him.
lawilliamzuniga
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:27 AM
Good advice!
Cherish77
by Cherish on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:46 AM

I feel your pain, instead of grocery shopping dh woiuld rather eat out most times.  It's hard.

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Mar. 29, 2014 at 8:48 AM
Im not understanding whats so hard, just dont eat that
Mom2Boys9501
by Gold Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:52 PM
I understand what you are going through I can go weeks without eating junk and then I will "binge" on junk.
Foe example I ate healthy all week and then I asked dh to give me 3 white reese cups (small ones and it's a serving) and since he said something I perceived as negative I went off on him and have done nothing but eat junk all week.
I just ate a bag of marshmallow candies in less
than 24 hours.
Sometimes I hate myself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)