Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

EASTER!!!

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:59 AM
  • 9 Replies
What does everyone get their kids for Easter?
Basket?
Chocolate?
Clothes?

Do you do an egg hunt? Family dinner? What are your Easter traditions?

by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
kohs_mommy
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:49 AM
My son is only 2 months old, but he's definitely getting a basket for his 1st Easter. Although he won't be able to eat the chocolate bunny and color eggs, it's kind of a tradition. I remember waking up to a big beautiful basket every year on Easter and being overjoyed. My mother did that for me so I must continue that tradition and do so for my child. :) HAPPY EARLY EASTER!
ABCMomma0211
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 4:53 AM
My oldest is getting most likely chalk maybe two dvds, havent decided, and three separate kinds of candy and thats it.

I dont know what to get twins who are gonna be five months old....they have teethers, and they arent much into toys
notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Mar. 29, 2014 at 8:40 AM
Each girl got some movies, a one direction book (gag), a chocolate bunny, some peanut butter eggs,
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 8:54 AM
My boys 11 yr old and 2 year old each get a outfit and some toys and some candy.we used to go to my parents house till they moved and we used to go to nanny till she got to old to cook so now we just stay at home.
Goobieville
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 10:01 AM

BUMP!

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 11:33 AM
We do a Easter egg hunt, my kids usually get a outfit and a book. We also have a family dinner. I make a ham, funeral potatoes, vedgies, deviled eggs, ya know the usual Easter meal lol.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I make them baskets. DS is into sports so his basket is usually filled with sports things...tshirt, small game, maybe a book, peeps. DD is harder because she loves everything so trying to narrow it down is hard but last year I went with hair things and that was a big hit.

I make ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, broccoli, deviled eggs. I keep it simple but this year will have more people so I may to rethink a few things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awbredux
by Member on Mar. 29, 2014 at 12:39 PM

We dye eggs the day before and decorate both girls' baskets with them.  The Easter Bunny brings them candy.   We have an egg hunt in the afternoon.  The girls, ages 9 and 12, consent to wear nice dresses to church, and I like to on special days such as this.  Normally, they wear nice pants and shirts, and I usually do, too.   If we go to my parents', there's a special dinner, but not if we are at our own home.  

withsecond
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 3:30 PM

I got them giant stuffed animals with a built in basket. I'm going to put in some eggs with a small amount of candy, a game and maybe a coloring book. 

We color eggs the night before and hide them. 

We go to my in laws for Easter since they're religious and we aren't, we give them that holiday at their house. They do an Easter egg hunt in their backyard. The kids love it. 

We usually have ham for dinner. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)