Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

he asked our children what? update at bottom

Ok my ex husband and I have 3 boys together. This year they flew out to spend a week with him for spring break. The boys just flew back home today, well we are cuddling watching a veggie tales movie and our oldest who is 6 tuned to me and said "mommy guess what daddy aasked us"
My reply was "what did daddy ask you?"
Then i could not believe what he said." Daddy asked if we'd be sad if you died"
Really? Are you kidding me?
Then our 5 year old said "daddy asked me too"

Omg I'm furious

for those of you who keep asking why don't I call him I have stated and replies that my ex husband has my phone number blocked and does not reply to text message. I do not have his email address, he does not call to talk to the kids while they are with me. He refuses to communicate with me. The only time he calls his kids or when they are spending one weekend a month with his mother. it is set up in her divorce packet that he sees the kids every other Christmas 1 month forsummer and spring break. I have filed paperwork with the court for contempt for not allowing me to speak to the kids while they are with him I will also be bringing this up in our court hearing. We have been divorced for 3 years now, so it's not like we are in the middle of a custody battle.
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Replies (181-183):
MikeysMom22
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That is really scary. Do you think he would ever physically hurt you? Sure hope that is not a precursor to him doing something really unthinkable. 

nikkirb
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:53 PM
Well that's creepy. Maybe he's wondering if they would be sad if he killed you. Sorry, that was so not funny but really, that's a weird question to ask.
IvanaSophiasmom
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 9:12 PM
This. Call your lawyer like yesterday. Better b safe than sorry.

Quoting vanillaorchida:

Sweetheart...you are in DANGER.

Get a restraining order.

If he really is planning to get rid of you so he can have the kids all to himself...go to your lawyer and make sure your will states that in the event of your death the kids do NOT GO to their father.

Also, make someone other than the person they will go to, your executive of your estate.

That way he doesn't get the kids or money they are entitled to.

Then file to have his parental rights terminated. He is a danger to you...therefore his is mentally and emotionally unstable and therefore UNFIT to be a parent.

BE PREPARED. Go nowhere alone. Notify the local police so they keep an eye on you, your car, your home, your kids.

Notify all your friends and family so they are also keeping an eye on you, kids, home, car.

So, if he really is planning to do something stupid...you are prepared, you have made it difficult for him to get away with it, you have made him the prime suspect.

Have money, change of clothes for you and the kids, change of car and address and cell phone prepared should you be attacked and have to disappear. (See the movie "Enough" with Jennifer Lopez...she was prepared.)

The reality is that he probably just said that knowing the kids would tell you and it would piss you off.

On
the other hand, a death threat is still a DEATH THREAT until proven
otherwise...which he now has to prove one way or the other.

Naive = Dead.

Prepared = Alive.

Quoting RyansMommy7507: Ok my ex husband and I have 3 boys together. This year they flew out to spend a week with him for spring break. The boys just flew back home today, well we are cuddling watching a veggie tales movie and our oldest who is 6 tuned to me and said "mommy guess what daddy aasked us"
My reply was "what did daddy ask you?"
Then i could not believe what he said." Daddy asked if we'd be sad if you died"
Really? Are you kidding me?
Then our 5 year old said "daddy asked me too"

Omg I'm furious

for those of you who keep asking why don't I call him I have stated and replies that my ex husband has my phone number blocked and does not reply to text message. I do not have his email address, he does not call to talk to the kids while they are with me. He refuses to communicate with me. The only time he calls his kids or when they are spending one weekend a month with his mother. it is set up in her divorce packet that he sees the kids every other Christmas 1 month forsummer and spring break. I have filed paperwork with the court for contempt for not allowing me to speak to the kids while they are with him I will also be bringing this up in our court hearing. We have been divorced for 3 years now, so it's not like we are in the middle of a custody battle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN