Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

he asked our children what? update at bottom

Ok my ex husband and I have 3 boys together. This year they flew out to spend a week with him for spring break. The boys just flew back home today, well we are cuddling watching a veggie tales movie and our oldest who is 6 tuned to me and said "mommy guess what daddy aasked us"
My reply was "what did daddy ask you?"
Then i could not believe what he said." Daddy asked if we'd be sad if you died"
Really? Are you kidding me?
Then our 5 year old said "daddy asked me too"

Omg I'm furious

for those of you who keep asking why don't I call him I have stated and replies that my ex husband has my phone number blocked and does not reply to text message. I do not have his email address, he does not call to talk to the kids while they are with me. He refuses to communicate with me. The only time he calls his kids or when they are spending one weekend a month with his mother. it is set up in her divorce packet that he sees the kids every other Christmas 1 month forsummer and spring break. I have filed paperwork with the court for contempt for not allowing me to speak to the kids while they are with him I will also be bringing this up in our court hearing. We have been divorced for 3 years now, so it's not like we are in the middle of a custody battle.
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Replies (21-30):
RyansMommy7507
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:05 AM
I am, trust me. All i say right now is thank God he lives so far away.

Quoting proudmommy690: I would be furious.
booknerd84
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 12:58 PM

I'm sorry! I would talk to him and ask him why he would do that.

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:25 PM

that is just messed up. does he want full custody for some reason? Is he trying to have you killed and wondered if the kdis loved you? That is so messed up. I would ask a psychologist about it and see what they think his reasons might be for asking. that's creepy. Of course a kid would be sad. the fact he asked both of them...wierd. so sorry

Molimomma
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 3:44 PM

If that's the case then how did you even arrange to send the boys for spring break? And personally if I knew my ex wouldn't take my calls or allow me to speak to my kids for a week why they were there I would not have sent them because that would not be ok with me at all. If you can't communicate effectively as co-parents then no way am I sending them far away yo see you, sorry, follow the rules or no go but that's me. I also agree that that is a creepy thing to ask but I'm guessing maybe they were missing you or maybe asking about you why they were gone and that's how the conversation started. Maybe he was even being ugly and that was his question to them when they were talking about (since it sounds like you two are certainly not friendly)? But seriously, I would be changing that visit ion agreement before putting them on a plane ever again.

Quoting RyansMommy7507: He won't reply to texts and has my calls blocked. He doesn't even call to talk to the boys.

ProudMom8643
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:14 PM

I would definitely confront him about it. And maybe tell a close friend or famly member about it just in case something happens.. You never know what people are thinking no matter how well you think you know them

RyansMommy7507
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:21 PM
I have filed a contempt of court for him not allowing me to talk to the kids while they are with him. I'm currently waiting on a court date.
I have to allow them to go see him until i can get the court order changed.
Right now he gets them spring break, one month out of the summer and every other Christmas.

Quoting Molimomma:

If that's the case then how did you even arrange to send the boys for spring break? And personally if I knew my ex wouldn't take my calls or allow me to speak to my kids for a week why they were there I would not have sent them because that would not be ok with me at all. If you can't communicate effectively as co-parents then no way am I sending them far away yo see you, sorry, follow the rules or no go but that's me. I also agree that that is a creepy thing to ask but I'm guessing maybe they were missing you or maybe asking about you why they were gone and that's how the conversation started. Maybe he was even being ugly and that was his question to them when they were talking about (since it sounds like you two are certainly not friendly)? But seriously, I would be changing that visit ion agreement before putting them on a plane ever again.

Quoting RyansMommy7507: He won't reply to texts and has my calls blocked. He doesn't even call to talk to the boys.

pasteeater_too
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:44 PM

Thats a very strange question to ask.  I'd watch my back if I were you.

m.garcia21
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 4:47 PM
Wow what a creep!
AMartin939
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Oh no you don't have to keep sending them!  Not anymore!

You need an emergency order of protection.  The possibility that was a threat plus complete lack of communication = pretty darned good grounds.  If you're waiting on a court date I assume you have a lawyer- ask them about an emergency petition.  Emergency is just a term of art, it doesn't imply anyone is banging at the door.  If you don't have a lawyer you can call, you can literally just walk into most court houses and ask for the domestic violence clinic or pro-se help desk.  

RyansMommy7507
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:59 PM
No lawyer, i filed myself. Court date can take 2 months

Quoting AMartin939:

Oh no you don't have to keep sending them!  Not anymore!

You need an emergency order of protection.  The possibility that was a threat plus complete lack of communication = pretty darned good grounds.  If you're waiting on a court date I assume you have a lawyer- ask them about an emergency petition.  Emergency is just a term of art, it doesn't imply anyone is banging at the door.  If you don't have a lawyer you can call, you can literally just walk into most court houses and ask for the domestic violence clinic or pro-se help desk.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)