Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

he asked our children what? update at bottom

Ok my ex husband and I have 3 boys together. This year they flew out to spend a week with him for spring break. The boys just flew back home today, well we are cuddling watching a veggie tales movie and our oldest who is 6 tuned to me and said "mommy guess what daddy aasked us"
My reply was "what did daddy ask you?"
Then i could not believe what he said." Daddy asked if we'd be sad if you died"
Really? Are you kidding me?
Then our 5 year old said "daddy asked me too"

Omg I'm furious

for those of you who keep asking why don't I call him I have stated and replies that my ex husband has my phone number blocked and does not reply to text message. I do not have his email address, he does not call to talk to the kids while they are with me. He refuses to communicate with me. The only time he calls his kids or when they are spending one weekend a month with his mother. it is set up in her divorce packet that he sees the kids every other Christmas 1 month forsummer and spring break. I have filed paperwork with the court for contempt for not allowing me to speak to the kids while they are with him I will also be bringing this up in our court hearing. We have been divorced for 3 years now, so it's not like we are in the middle of a custody battle.
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
JoshRachelsMAMA
by JRM on Mar. 31, 2014 at 7:03 PM

Maybe he's plotting your death

ChrystalGreene
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:38 AM

Get all this documented for the next time your in court

Quoting RyansMommy7507: He has my calls blocked and refuses to let me talk to the boys when they Are with him. Even tho the court order says he is to let me talk to them 2 times a day while they are with him.
Quoting Senile-felines: I agree!
Quoting withsecond: Wow. I'd be on the phone asking him what made him think that was an okay thing to ask his children. Wtf...

MandaJo111
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I am scared for you.  I am glad you are moving forward with court, but I hope it is enough.  In that context it makes it sound very sinister.  

That said, I have asked my kids the same thing, but it was because a parent died on a movie.  I was just talking to them in general about DH and I.  I guess for me as a psychology major I was just curious as to what they were thinking.  But as I said that was a totally different context.  

la_bella_vita
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:55 AM
2 moms liked this

That's really scary and not a normal question to ask

kirbymom
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:55 AM
That isn't nice.
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:00 AM
I hope he's not the type of person who would have you killed. I'd check into this more.

Quoting RyansMommy7507: I just can't understand why anyone would ask children that
RainyMorning28
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Creepy, I"d bring that up to your lawyer.

Kisaki.
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:03 AM
omg!!asshole!!!
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Context might be helpful before flying off the handle.  How did this come up in conversation?

I mean, if they were watching Bambi and one asked "Why is Bambi so sad?" I could see it.  If it was out of the blue....creepy.

BaBeezandMe
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:06 AM

That's a very odd question to ask your children!!

surprised

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)