Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

he asked our children what? update at bottom

Ok my ex husband and I have 3 boys together. This year they flew out to spend a week with him for spring break. The boys just flew back home today, well we are cuddling watching a veggie tales movie and our oldest who is 6 tuned to me and said "mommy guess what daddy aasked us"
My reply was "what did daddy ask you?"
Then i could not believe what he said." Daddy asked if we'd be sad if you died"
Really? Are you kidding me?
Then our 5 year old said "daddy asked me too"

Omg I'm furious

for those of you who keep asking why don't I call him I have stated and replies that my ex husband has my phone number blocked and does not reply to text message. I do not have his email address, he does not call to talk to the kids while they are with me. He refuses to communicate with me. The only time he calls his kids or when they are spending one weekend a month with his mother. it is set up in her divorce packet that he sees the kids every other Christmas 1 month forsummer and spring break. I have filed paperwork with the court for contempt for not allowing me to speak to the kids while they are with him I will also be bringing this up in our court hearing. We have been divorced for 3 years now, so it's not like we are in the middle of a custody battle.
by on Mar. 29, 2014 at 5:33 PM
Replies (41-50):
mermaid13dragon
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:20 AM

wow!!!!

he doesn't have a life insurance policy on you does he? kinda scary, creepy, weird and totally uncool!!! Call him on it, what's his excuse for that type of talking??? ouch!

LetoLiebe
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:36 AM
1 mom liked this

Horrible thing to ask a child about a parent out of context, like if the parent is not terminally ill or if there has not been a recent death in the family. I those cases, I could see it as a sort of awkward, yet gentle way, to try and open up the conversation about death, loss and moving on.

But just out of the blue? Very odd...and I've heard this kind of messed up thing before. Like whenever I watch the Investigation Discovery channel. 

I'd be calling and asking him some questions.  

poisonedtaco
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:40 AM

My oldest is by a different guy. She told me that one time she was with her dad he asked if she would be sad if she never got to see her brother and sister again. He's tried taking my daughter away before. But no judge would do that... he's been in prison more than half her life. I'd be careful. You know the guy better than we do.

RyansMommy7507
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:41 AM
all the kids so they said they were sitting in the car with their dad and their stepmother was inside the grocery store.
I have text message to him about it and I never got a reply. He does not call to talk to the children.
he was physically and mentally abusive the last year of our marriage towards me not to the children.
I figured I was safe when he moved out of state last year. However in my court date I will be bringing this up

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Context might be helpful before flying off the handle.  How did this come up in conversation?

I mean, if they were watching Bambi and one asked "Why is Bambi so sad?" I could see it.  If it was out of the blue....creepy.

RobynS
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:42 AM

that's crazy!! Do you typically have a good relationship with your ex?

HaileysMom07180
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:43 AM

that would make me concerned

cupcake_mom
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM
Have you asked exh about it
RyansMommy7507
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:45 AM
No, we do not communicate. everytime I try to communicate with him to just keep them updated on the boys and how they're doing in school he just turns it into an argument. He now does not answer any texts and he has my calls blocked.

Quoting RobynS:

that's crazy!! Do you typically have a good relationship with your ex?

mylilsunshine
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:58 AM

Has he been wanting more time with the kids? That's scary

rachel216
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM
I would be pissed and called him and asked him wtf he was thinking! Id also be worried if he would try to.make some kind of attempt on your life or something! !!! No sane parent ask their young children. Would they be sad if their mom or dad died!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN