Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

heeeelllppp!!!!!

Posted by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
Any suggestions on how 2 get this wild sleeping 3 year old out of our bed?
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
monkeydance
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:03 PM
No clue...I never coslept. Here is a bump
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Which ways have you tried so far?  There are several ways you can approach this.

aburish
by on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:37 PM
Nothing yet, just explaining that, u r a big boy now, u need 2 b n ur own bed. O and I did try just b4 bed allowing him 2 b n his bed until sleep time, as long as he can. It always ends n him back n our bed tho.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Which ways have you tried so far?  There are several ways you can approach this.

Bmat
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM

Every single time, take him by the hand and lead him back to his own bed. Tuck him in, and leave.

Quoting aburish: Nothing yet, just explaining that, u r a big boy now, u need 2 b n ur own bed. O and I did try just b4 bed allowing him 2 b n his bed until sleep time, as long as he can. It always ends n him back n our bed tho.
Quoting frndlyfn:

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree.   Have a set bedtime routine for his new bed and when he gets up, walk him back to his bed quietly.   This could take a few days to weeks for him to understand but all the adults need to be on board.   Stories, cuddles etc in his own space tend to help the child stay longer.

Quoting Bmat:

Every single time, take him by the hand and lead him back to his own bed. Tuck him in, and leave.

Quoting aburish: Nothing yet, just explaining that, u r a big boy now, u need 2 b n ur own bed. O and I did try just b4 bed allowing him 2 b n his bed until sleep time, as long as he can. It always ends n him back n our bed tho.
Quoting frndlyfn:

RoseWall
by Ruby Member on Mar. 30, 2014 at 9:27 PM
Get him his own bed wit awesome character bedding and you start sleeping in his bed. ..it worked for me. The best part was the cool bedside lamp with a lamp dimmer cord so that we could read bedtime stories by...I would dimby the page.
aburish
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:32 AM
Thanks ladies 4 all of your suggestions. I'm going 2 try it, cause it is time. Wayy past time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)