Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Pray for her daughters please.This girl worked with us :+{

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

OCEAN SPRINGS, Mississippi -- Amanda Salas' two teenage daughters were home Sunday morning when their mother's former boyfriend pulled into the driveway of their Hunter Drive home and shot Salas' and her current boyfriend, Christopher Prevost, before killing himself with the 9 mm handgun.

Salas died at 1:50 p.m. at Ocean Springs Hospital from a gunshot wound to the head. Prevost suffered a shoulder wound and is expected to make a full recovery. The shooter, 42-year-old Patrick Norman of Hoover, Ala., was pronounced dead at the scene.

Police say Salas and Prevost were shot by Norman as they sat in a vehicle in the carport of Salas' home. The two daughters were inside the house, according to OSPD Capt. William Jackson.

Ocean Springs school superintendent Bonita Coleman-Potter confirmed Sunday afternoon that Salas' daughters are both students at Ocean Springs High School. Katelyn Bowman is a sophomore at OSHS, while her sister Sarah Bowman is a freshman.

Coleman-Potter said she is working with school counselors to locate the girls and offer whatever support the district can provide.

"In our community, there will be a lot of love and support for those girls, as always," Coleman-Potter said. "We will cover those children as best we can."

According to her Facebook profile, Salas, 36, worked as a cocktail waitress at the Beau Rivage in Biloxi and as a front desk clerk at the Hampton Inn on Big Ridge Road. She was a graduate of D'Iberville High School.

Prevost, according to his profile, is a bar porter/barback at the Beau Rivage and also works in food prep at Chili's in D'Iberville. He is originally from Melbourne, Fla.

Amanda Salas and Christopher Prevost. This is the profile photo on Salas' Facebook page.

LINK.

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:31 PM

BUMP!

SouthernMamaof1
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Sad. I was born and lived near there until I was 23...pascagoula

auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:35 PM
Omg how sad prayers sent too.
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 1:43 PM

I live in Biloxi.

Quoting SouthernMamaof1:

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:43 PM
I use to live in Biloxi.
This is sad!

Quoting brandyblx:

I live in Biloxi.

Quoting SouthernMamaof1:

beadingmom17
by Rachel on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:47 PM
That's so horrible :( Those poor girls! What a horrible, horrible selfish asshole that guy was.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tooth_Inspector
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:49 PM
How horrible! Those poor girls :(
GirlWithANikon
by Silver Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 2:50 PM
1 mom liked this

And this is why every time the moms on here accuse battered women of being too weak to leave I laugh at them. Most women, and women's children, are killed when they try and leave not when they stay. Its a rock and a hard place. Poor kids, beautiful woman.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 9:44 PM

BUMP!

TheMommaJessie
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:01 PM

that is so sad praying for them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN