Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you know how to....

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:03 PM
  • 100 Replies
1 mom liked this
Change a tire??? I hear other women say they don't and am amazed. Seems like for safety's sake you should at least have the knowledge.
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:05 PM
3 moms liked this
Yup!

Change the tire, change the oil, jump start a battery...

But... I actually went to school for automotive collision repair... And dh was a mechanic when we met!!
blue_apalt
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Know how? Yes. Have I ever been able to get the dang thing off? No. The lug nuts have always been on there too tight for me to get off the few times I've tried
LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Yep

Shaynas_Mommy
by Country Sweetheart on Mar. 31, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Yes

taKENheart
by Flovely on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:09 PM

Yes I learned many moons ago in driver's ed but I've never had to actually do it.

pasteeater_too
by New Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:15 PM

Yes, but I walk every where.  I once helped rebuild an engine.

Adrianne122005
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:20 PM
Do you if this is still in drivers ed? Seems pretty valuable but we didn't do it.

Quoting taKENheart:

Yes I learned many moons ago in driver's ed but I've never had to actually do it.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:22 PM
I know what to do but have never done it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
taKENheart
by Flovely on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:25 PM

When my kids went through driver's ed they weren't taught how to do it.  I don't know if any programs teach it or if it was just something my coach wanted to teach us girls.  I remember him being concerned about us knowing how and had said he figured the boys learned from their dads.

Quoting Adrianne122005: Do you if this is still in drivers ed? Seems pretty valuable but we didn't do it.
Quoting taKENheart:

Adrianne122005
by Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 6:29 PM
That's kinda sexist lol. I learned when I was with my mom and she got a flat and said,"Its your turn." I've changed at least a dozen since then and can still hear her buzzing at me when I guessed each next step incorrectly.

BZzzzzz

Parenting lol

Quoting taKENheart:

When my kids went through driver's ed they weren't taught how to do it.  I don't know if any programs teach it or if it was just something my coach wanted to teach us girls.  I remember him being concerned about us knowing how and had said he figured the boys learned from their dads.

Quoting Adrianne122005: Do you if this is still in drivers ed? Seems pretty valuable but we didn't do it.

Quoting taKENheart:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)