Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (April 1st)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Replies (31-40):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:57 AM

Welcome to CafeMom Bobbi,
Planning a party for your son?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Luvmykidlets:

Hi my name is Bobbi.  I live in MN and have two kids...a girl, Kaitlyn who is 7 and a little boy, Ryker who is 5 but less than a week from turning 6.  I work in a clinical laboratory and like to make my own jewelry in my spare time. 

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:58 AM
Great to meet you! 40yrs. is amazing! Check out the Love and Marriage group too.
What are you doing today?

Quoting vtate1952:

I am 62 year old been married to this man 40 year. I have one bs and sm to 2 sons a 2 sd. all grown.  I live in Jackson MS and grew up 40 mles from Jackson. I met my husband at the mall.  I was singing professionally as young adult and sang a little after marriage. Tthis is my first marriage.  I was Founder and CEO of a small nonprofit for years also a social worker.  I stayed busy most of my married life mostly to avoid dealing with my mamas biy husband. I am retired. I enjoy taking care of my granddaughter. I sing for joy and play games on my iphone for pleasure.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:00 AM
Welcome. When is your daughter's birthday?

Quoting sapphire-blue: 1 beautiful girl 5 in may. Me single single have been since the morning sickness. Live in the uk, Somerset. No parents. But love life and my jasmine. Need a job from home though. Wish money didn't control everything. Love to all members. Oh and I m 36 now. I like to cook.
Luvmykidlets
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:01 AM

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Bobbi,Planning a party for your son?Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Luvmykidlets:

Hi my name is Bobbi.  I live in MN and have two kids...a girl, Kaitlyn who is 7 and a little boy, Ryker who is 5 but less than a week from turning 6.  I work in a clinical laboratory and like to make my own jewelry in my spare time. 

Luvmykidlets
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:04 AM

I have to work on his actual birthday, but yes we have a party planned for the weekend after next.  Both sides of the family plus some of his little buddies from school are coming.  Theme is the Minions from Despicable Me.  I still have to plan the menu....probably burgers and ribs.... :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:39 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Sounds like it will be a blast ;)

Quoting Luvmykidlets:

I have to work on his actual birthday, but yes we have a party planned for the weekend after next.  Both sides of the family plus some of his little buddies from school are coming.  Theme is the Minions from Despicable Me.  I still have to plan the menu....probably burgers and ribs.... :)

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:06 AM

Hello! Welcome! The Minions is such a neat idea for a birthday!

Quoting Luvmykidlets:

Loisv71
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:19 AM
How cool. My son will be 12 on April 30th.

Quoting Hottmomma607: Nice to meet you. My youngest is almost 12yo too, his birthday is May 1st.

Quoting Loisv71: Hello everyone. I am Lois a 42 year old single mom of four. I have 2 girls who are 19 and 15. nd ine son who is almost 12. I also have a 22 year old surrigate daughter that i took in almost 3 years ago. I am originally from Mississippi. I was born and raised there. I now live in Des Moines Iowa. My kids and I moved here the summer of 2011. I have been a single mom for over 7 years. I have been in schol so much of tge past few years that i havent had any hobbies i do love crafts, music, movies, reading. And spending as much quality time with my kids as possible. I am happy to have fiund this club. Being fairly new to Iowa still i was looking for local suppirt groups and found you guys. Im eager to meet nee people.
ChangingLanes
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:49 AM
1 mom liked this

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?
I have 2 children. Son is 17, with Aspergers. Daughter is 3.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
Kentucky

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?
Single

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?
Is there such a thing? I work a lot.

5. What's on your mind today?
Trying to find time for me...make some friends...

My name is Thena.  I have a lot going on in my life. My kids are my world. I am just reaching out and relearning how to live for me again...

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:51 AM

Hi Martina, nice to meet you. I'm so glad you found cafemom! Congrats on the pregnancy, do you have boys or girls now? My mil had 4 of each.

Quoting babyboomay: hello my name is martina. I am new and this was the first time I have ever seen this page. I have seven children number eight is on the way. I am so excited and so are the other children. We are hoping for a girl but letting it be a surprise. If you have any questions of any type feel free to ask I am not shy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN