Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (April 1st)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:51 AM
Replies (41-50):
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Hello Orelia, nice to meet you. What a pretty name  you gave your daughter!

Quoting oreliamichelle: Gianna-Monet is 7 mths old, Jose and I met online, we live in central California, and I love ice cream and movies. I'm 22 and my name is orelia

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:54 AM

Hi Jessica, welcome to cafemom. Sorry you are feeling depressed, anything in particular bothering you?

Quoting jesikuhh: 1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? I don't have any kids yet but I am pregnant with my first. 2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in and still live in Battle Creek, Michigan. 3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? My boyfriend/baby daddy and I actually met because he used to date my ex best friend. That isn't the reason we're no longer friends though, we weren't friends long before he and I got together. 4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? Since I don't have a job and my boyfriend works 2nd shift I have a lot of time to myself. I mostly just watch TV or Netflix... I get lonely. My name is Jesica and I'm 22 years old. I'm due august 23rd and I don't know the gender of the baby yet but I hope it`s a boy. I am 19 weeks pregnant right now. Have a little case of prepartum depression...

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello Maya, welcome to cafemom. I have a beautiful great granddaughter named Maya. Yes, this is a great place to give and get valuable advice, plus just have a lot of fun!

Quoting maya254:

Hi everyone!

I'm Maya, mother of two. I have an 8 year old boy and a 21 month old girl.

I grew up in Kenya but am now living in Dubai.

I came across a video on youtube and that's how i came to know about Cafemoms and i thought its a great place for moms to support and encourage each other as well as to get valuable advice.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Hello, and welcome to the group. I moved around a lot, and finally settled back right where I started, too. I guess there really is no place like home, lol.

Quoting Theresa_5: 1. I have 3 kids, ages 6, 5, and 3. One boy and two girls. My son is the oldest. 2. I grew up in El Paso, TX, moved several times, but finally settled down back home. 3. I met my husband at a party for our graduating class. We went all through high school knowing of each other, but never met until our last night as Seniors. 4. When I have time to myself, I like to read, work out, shop, go out with friends, or bake. 5. Things on my mind today: I have to get rid of some damn toys! Laundry, ugh. Birthday party planning. I shouldn't have eaten so much last night. My son needs a haircut.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:00 AM

Hi Lois, welcome to cafemom. We are happy you found us, too. Here's another great group you might enjoy.

Quoting Loisv71: Hello everyone. I am Lois a 42 year old single mom of four. I have 2 girls who are 19 and 15. nd ine son who is almost 12. I also have a 22 year old surrigate daughter that i took in almost 3 years ago. I am originally from Mississippi. I was born and raised there. I now live in Des Moines Iowa. My kids and I moved here the summer of 2011. I have been a single mom for over 7 years. I have been in schol so much of tge past few years that i havent had any hobbies i do love crafts, music, movies, reading. And spending as much quality time with my kids as possible. I am happy to have fiund this club. Being fairly new to Iowa still i was looking for local suppirt groups and found you guys. Im eager to meet nee people.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Hello, welcome to cafemom. I just celebrated my 40th anniversary last month, when was yours? I'm retired too, (nurse) but stay busy raising a great granddaughter. I play games on my phone and computer, too. What do you play?

Quoting vtate1952:

I am 62 year old been married to this man 40 year. I have one bs and sm to 2 sons a 2 sd. all grown.  I live in Jackson MS and grew up 40 mles from Jackson. I met my husband at the mall.  I was singing professionally as young adult and sang a little after marriage. Tthis is my first marriage.  I was Founder and CEO of a small nonprofit for years also a social worker.  I stayed busy most of my married life mostly to avoid dealing with my mamas biy husband. I am retired. I enjoy taking care of my granddaughter. I sing for joy and play games on my iphone for pleasure.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:04 AM

Welcome to cafemom, nice to meet you. When is your daughter's birthday? Mine is May 4th.

Quoting sapphire-blue: 1 beautiful girl 5 in may. Me single single have been since the morning sickness. Live in the uk, Somerset. No parents. But love life and my jasmine. Need a job from home though. Wish money didn't control everything. Love to all members. Oh and I m 36 now. I like to cook.

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Hello Thena, welcome to cafemom. Have you had a serious event in your life recently, that you are have to relearn how to live? Hope things are ok for you now.

Quoting ChangingLanes:

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?I have 2 children. Son is 17, with Aspergers. Daughter is 3.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?Kentucky

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?Single

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?Is there such a thing? I work a lot.

5. What's on your mind today?Trying to find time for me...make some friends...My name is Thena.  I have a lot going on in my life. My kids are my world. I am just reaching out and relearning how to live for me again...

RhiannonN
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Hi. I'm Rhiannon. I don't have any children that are alive. I'm hoping to be expecting soon. I met hubby on the side of the road..I had run out of gas. I live in Marshall, Nc. I enjoy a lot of things.. too many to list. On my mind today..wondering how long before I give birth to a healthy take home and keep forever baby
ChangingLanes
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Quoting elasmimi:

Hello Thena, welcome to cafemom. Have you had a serious event in your life recently, that you are have to relearn how to live? Hope things are ok for you now.

Quoting ChangingLanes:

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?I have 2 children. Son is 17, with Aspergers. Daughter is 3.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?Kentucky

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?Single

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?Is there such a thing? I work a lot.

5. What's on your mind today?Trying to find time for me...make some friends...My name is Thena.  I have a lot going on in my life. My kids are my world. I am just reaching out and relearning how to live for me again...

Thank you for the welcome, Elasmimi! Yes, there was a lot of death and abandonment within a very short period of time. The birth of my daughter and then my son started having violent outburst. Things are getting better, I guess. Its a lot of 2 steps forward, 5 back...repeatedly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)