Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (April 8th)

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 12:01 AM
Replies (81-90):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Tell us  a bit about yourself.
How old are your kids?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting chinita1: Hi thanks for adding me

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:14 PM

Aww I bet they all do,
Least they can see her :)

Quoting ohbabygirl40:

She does not. She lives about an hour away. And she wishes she lived closer since her new baby sister was born!

OH! I should also have mentioned I have two stepsons! David and Dalton. They're 7 and 6. :) They don't live with us, but they visit often. And they SURE are proud to be big brothers to little Adria.

Nice to meet you, too!

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,Does your oldest live at home?Nice to meet you :)

Quoting ohbabygirl40:

Hello! My name is Shari and I'm a 40-yr-old, working, new again mom. In a lot of circles, that would take a moment to comprehend. But I'm sure there are others like me on this site, if anywhere!

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls? Courtney is 24 yrs, Shelby is 17 yrs, and Adria is 5 mos. They are ALLLL girls.

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now? I grew up in a small town in Southern Indiana and I'm still there! LOVE my roots here. 

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other? Ohhh, I met my hubby on a dating site. It's not uncommon, right??

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself? What time to myself?? ;) I just started reading a book again. That should count, I guess?

5. What's on your mind today? While I'm at work everyday, my sweet little Adria is growing so fast. I know she's my last and I swore I wouldn't let it go by too quickly, but I guess it's not something I can control. :(

hugss

by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:16 PM

That's great you can be home with then especially during summers ;)

Quoting mamaof3-040708: No not at this time I don't. It almost summer break and I try to be home with my kids during their summer break to go out and do stuff with them.
Quoting hugss:

That's great to hear,Do you work outside the home?

Quoting mamaof3-040708: Yes I have one in the 4th grade and my little in k and my baby boy is in pre k. And nice to met u to
Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Maleaya,Are they all in school?Nice to meet you :)

Quoting mamaof3-040708: Hey mama's my name is Maleaya. I have 3 beautiful and wonderful kids. 2 boys name Tyler 9 & Derick 5. 1 girl name Autumn and she 6. I just got married last year April the 6. We live in Georgia. Nice to meet everyone.

hugss

by Emerald Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:17 PM

I am in Missouri   :)

Quoting dannii_87: Hiya :-). Im from Plymouth UK? And you?
Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom Danielle,So sorry to hear that ..Wherebouts do you live?Nice to meet you :)

Quoting dannii_87: Hello ladies im Danielle 26 got 8ur daughter Courtney and 5 yr boy Bailey. Looking fir some friends after 2 ectopic pregnancys in 6 mths

charmbracelet
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome. No divorced almost 15 yrs. I'm down because of daughter issues.

Quoting elasmimi:

Welcome to cafemom Rhonda, sorry you are feeling down. Is your divorce recent?

Quoting charmbracelet: Hi. I'm Ronda. I am a divorced, late life mom of a 17 year old daughter, Veronica. Raising her by myself. We are in the Philadelphia suburbs. I don't seem to want to do anything right now. Feelings running the gambit right now, sad, lonely, frustrated and sometimes hopeless. Wondering if things will ever be good.

HerSmile
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello to all.  I am a mother of 2 sons that are 17 and 13.   Born and raised in Texas, I always wanted to move to other states to see what life would be like for me and my kids.  I have not been married for over 10 years but I did meet my exhusband when we were both college students through a mutual friend at the time.  I like to be private and love peace, so in my time alone, sometimes I pray, I love to watch tv, and I am a student working towards a Master in Criminal Justice.  My sister told me about this site and I decided to check it out.

MelissaMarco
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 5:20 PM
That is such a great idea! I'm a little confused with the layout. Thanks!

Quoting Bmat:

Hi, Melissa! Love the picture!!!  Welcome! Be sure to put your request for PA moms in a separate post including searching for PA moms in the subject line so more people will see it. :)

Quoting MelissaMarco:

Hi mamas! My name is melissa & my husband Matthew and I have a 9 month old daughter, Adalyn (Add-uh-Lynne). We live between Philadelphia & Chestnut Hill and I am a SAHM. My husband and I have lived in the same area for 7 years and always have lived in PA.
I am eager to meet other SAHM's to meet up for play dates as this winter has us a little STIR CRAZY as I'm sure any PA momma can relate. ;)
I tend to be very "crunchy" as they now call it (haha) and seek a natural, organic lifestyle with clean eating as well. I enjoy baking and also coming up with yummy raw desserts. We love Babywearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering.... Let's see what else? :P
My daughter is the joy of my life and we have SO much fun together!!! We love playing games, reading, laughing, tickle time, being outdoors in general and recently she has really taken to going to the playground.
We would love to meet some local moms!
Please feel free to message me! Would love to chat.
Have a lovely Tuesday,
Melissa

MelissaMarco
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Thank you so much! When it's warm I try to. I will be able to more now that I'm home with my daughter, before I couldn't get to any stands when they were open during the week in my area with working. I do try to buy locally (and organic).
I was a member of a coop but haven't renewed in this new year. Do you shop farmers markets?

Quoting Hottmomma607: Hello Melissa! Beautiful little baby,like her mama.
Do you shop at a farmer's market?

Quoting MelissaMarco:

Mobile Photo

Hi mamas! My name is melissa & my husband Matthew and I have a 9 month old daughter, Adalyn (Add-uh-Lynne). We live between Philadelphia & Chestnut Hill and I am a SAHM. My husband and I have lived in the same area for 7 years and always have lived in PA.
I am eager to meet other SAHM's to meet up for play dates as this winter has us a little STIR CRAZY as I'm sure any PA momma can relate. ;)
I tend to be very "crunchy" as they now call it (haha) and seek a natural, organic lifestyle with clean eating as well. I enjoy baking and also coming up with yummy raw desserts. We love Babywearing, breastfeeding, cloth diapering.... Let's see what else? :P
My daughter is the joy of my life and we have SO much fun together!!! We love playing games, reading, laughing, tickle time, being outdoors in general and recently she has really taken to going to the playground.
Have a lovely Tuesday,
Melissa
MelissaMarco
by on Apr. 8, 2014 at 5:24 PM
And THANK YOU! By the way , very sweet compliment!

Quoting MelissaMarco: Thank you so much! When it's warm I try to. I will be able to more now that I'm home with my daughter, before I couldn't get to any stands when they were open during the week in my area with working. I do try to buy locally (and organic).
I was a member of a coop but haven't renewed in this new year. Do you shop farmers markets?

Quoting Hottmomma607: Hello Melissa! Beautiful little baby,like her mama.
Do you shop at a farmer's market?

Quoting MelissaMarco:

Mobile Photo

Have a lovely Tuesday,
Melissa
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 8, 2014 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I have raised 3 girls, theose teen years are a killer! anything you want to talk about? You can pm me.feel better

Quoting charmbracelet: Thanks for the welcome. No divorced almost 15 yrs. I'm down because of daughter issues.
Quoting elasmimi:

Welcome to cafemom Rhonda, sorry you are feeling down. Is your divorce recent?

Quoting charmbracelet: Hi. I'm Ronda. I am a divorced, late life mom of a 17 year old daughter, Veronica. Raising her by myself. We are in the Philadelphia suburbs. I don't seem to want to do anything right now. Feelings running the gambit right now, sad, lonely, frustrated and sometimes hopeless. Wondering if things will ever be good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)