Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Today's new members are introducing themselves here... (April 19th)

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:02 AM
  • 73 Replies

Hi,

Welcome to the Newcomers Club!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. 
You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Let's CHAT now... Please reply to this post & introduce yourself!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

1. How old are your kids? Do you have boys or girls?

2. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?

3. Where did you meet your husband / significant other?

4. What do you like to do when you have time to yourself?

5. What's on your mind today?

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them!
 - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

Enjoy your time on CafeMom!

have a nice day    Robin

by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deikh
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 1:03 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi and thanks so much for the warm welcome. I'm the mother of two sons who are 24 and 18. My oldest lives and works in Minnesota and my youngest is attending college about two hours away from me. He's 18 and moved out last June. I'm still struggling with my empty nest syndrome and would love to make some friends with other moms that are going through the same thing. My sons are great and Holden, my youngest, got me a Blue Russian kitten to help me when he moved out. She's beautiful and is my baby but it's just not the same as having my boys here with me. I'm 47 and have severe fibromyalgia so I'm confined to my house much of the time. I run a support group for chronic paiin sufferers on Facebook and would welcome anyone that is struggling with those kinds of issues. Thanks again! I'm happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know people. 

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:18 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
Do you work outside the home?  I hope you will get use to the empty nest .. nice to meet you :)

Quoting deikh:

Hi and thanks so much for the warm welcome. I'm the mother of two sons who are 24 and 18. My oldest lives and works in Minnesota and my youngest is attending college about two hours away from me. He's 18 and moved out last June. I'm still struggling with my empty nest syndrome and would love to make some friends with other moms that are going through the same thing. My sons are great and Holden, my youngest, got me a Blue Russian kitten to help me when he moved out. She's beautiful and is my baby but it's just not the same as having my boys here with me. I'm 47 and have severe fibromyalgia so I'm confined to my house much of the time. I run a support group for chronic paiin sufferers on Facebook and would welcome anyone that is struggling with those kinds of issues. Thanks again! I'm happy to be here and looking forward to getting to know people. 

Crazymamma94
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:10 AM
I have 3 year old triplets-all girls and a 8 month old baby girl.
I grew up in Wales and still live there.
I don't have a partner
When I have time to myself I like to take a relaxing bath

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

Here are some questions to get you started (feel free to cut & paste below to answer):

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them! - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

have a nice day    Robin

hugss

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:19 AM

Welcome to CafeMom,
How are you doing with the triplets & your little one?  Have some family to help?
Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Crazymamma94: I have 3 year old triplets-all girls and a 8 month old baby girl. I grew up in Wales and still live there. I don't have a partner When I have time to myself I like to take a relaxing bath
Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. You can reply to any posts that you see and start your own posts, too. Make yourself at home and join in!

After you've replied to this post, check out what other moms who signed up today have to say - and say hello to them! - Quote their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can Like their replies, as well.

have a nice day    Robin

Crazymamma94
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:25 AM
We are doing great thanks :) yeah I have my mum and my children's other grandparents about and my children's dad. Don't know what I'd do without them lol.
Nice to meet you too :)

Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,How are you doing with the triplets & your little one?  Have some family to help?Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Crazymamma94: I have 3 year old triplets-all girls and a 8 month old baby girl.
I don't have a partner

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

have a nice day    Robin

hugss

by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:27 AM

Aww so glad you do as it does sound like you have your hands full,
We're here too :)

Quoting Crazymamma94: We are doing great thanks :) yeah I have my mum and my children's other grandparents about and my children's dad. Don't know what I'd do without them lol. Nice to meet you too :)
Quoting hugss:

Welcome to CafeMom,How are you doing with the triplets & your little one?  Have some family to help?Nice to meet you :)

Quoting Crazymamma94: I have 3 year old triplets-all girls and a 8 month old baby girl. I grew up in Wales and still live there. I don't have a partner When I have time to myself I like to take a relaxing bath
Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

have a nice day    Robin

Crazymamma94
by on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:29 AM
Yeah, between the four of them they manage to keep me busy. Awesome :) :)

Quoting hugss:

Aww so glad you do as it does sound like you have your hands full,We're here too :)

Quoting Crazymamma94: We are doing great thanks :) yeah I have my mum and my children's other grandparents about and my children's dad. Don't know what I'd do without them lol.
Nice to meet you too :)

Quoting hugss:

Quoting Crazymamma94: I have 3 year old triplets-all girls and a 8 month old baby girl.
I don't have a partner

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

have a nice day    Robin

hugss

by Emerald Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:33 AM

I have no doubt they do :)

Quoting Crazymamma94: Yeah, between the four of them they manage to keep me busy. Awesome :) :)
Quoting hugss:

Aww so glad you do as it does sound like you have your hands full,We're here too :)

Quoting Crazymamma94: We are doing great thanks :) yeah I have my mum
elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:36 AM

Hello, nice to meet you. I don't guess I'll ever experience empty nest syndrome. I raised my 3, before my son was gone I started raising a grandchild, now I'm raising a great granddaughter. Been raising kids for almost 50 consecutive years! I'm including a link to a group with other moms like you, I think you will like it. I had a Russian Blue, one of the sweetest cats I've ever had. I also have fibromyalgia, so I know a little about what you are going through with that. Here's the link.

Quoting deikh:

elasmimi
by Platinum Member on Apr. 19, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Wow, sounds like you have your hands full! Just wait til they are teens, there will be so much estrogen in that house you won't believe it. I grew up down the street from triplets, did not know then how rare it was.

I have visited England and Ireland, but not Wales, would love to get there some day. I've heard it's beautiful.

Quoting Cafe Robin:

Hi,

have a nice day    Robin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN