Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

need help with a thirteen year old daughter

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

i have a thirteen year old daughter that had sex,how does a parent deal with that. she is getting in alot of trouble i need help.

by on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Mar. 31, 2014 at 10:40 PM

When this behavior start? What other issues is she having?  You need to get to the root of problem and solve that before everything else can fall into place.  Are you able to reach out to a church or the school counselor?

funhappymom
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:14 AM

You need to open your lines of communication with her. Consider counseling-it could be beneficial to her and you.

**Post ANONYMOUSLY on Mom Confessions!**

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 10:59 AM

I am sorry you are going through this.

Does she have new friends, being secretive? She may be headed in the wrong direction and you need to nip it now.

Be consistant in her discipline. Is she in counseling, it may be a good idea. If you have to put her in another school, or move consider that also. You don't want this attitude to get worse.

Hugs!

echoishername
by Misty on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:01 AM
I was 13 my first time. Get her on bc, and keep the lines of communication open.
withsecond
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:06 AM
I'd put her on birth control and then get her into therapy.
I had sex at 12 and I suffered from depression. I was looking for attention in all the wrong places.
EarlGrayHot
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM

Too bad.  Yes, counseling stat.  And keep her away from friends that may be bad influences.  Also, at her age she cannot give consent.  I'd be trying to get the boy in trouble.

gracef282
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:53 AM
Set her some boundaries. She needs to earn your trust.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Zombie_Mombie
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:58 AM
You need to try and get her to talk to you. Don't be pushy or mean. Ask her why she wanted to have sex. Is she trying to get male attention? I know when I started going downhill it went from sex to drugs really fast. My mom tried to be a mom way to late. I was 15 though. You need to set rules and make sure she calls you when she is at a friends house if you even let her go out. How did you find out? Does she know you know? It's hard to determine how to handle the situation because she thinks different then we do or did when we were 13
noahsmom1999
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:46 AM

I have a daughter who will be 13 in  September so this hits home for me.  Sorry you are having the deal with this.  How did you find out she was having sex?  Did she tell you?  If so, she is reaching out to you.  I would get to the reason she had sex.  She is so young.  I wouldn't put my daughter on bc at 13.  If you can figure out her reasoning as to why you may be able to stop it in it's tracks so it doesn't happen again. Maybe she is hanging out with the wrong crowd or she is given to much freedom. I know where my daughter is all the time and who she is with.  Make sure you know her friends and can trust them.  If I have a bad feeling about my kids friends, they don't hang out with them...period.  From raising two older girls I realize they really need to be heard.  They want to talk and if I'm not there for them they will find someone else who will be. Kids face so many things and need to feel safe and loved.  Try taking her out for ice cream or somewhere she would feel comfortable and talk to her and really listen to what she has to say.  I pray you can work this out.  It's hard to give you advice without knowing all the details.  Good luck and I hope things work our for the best for you and your daughter.

mommie_x0x
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:49 AM
Get her on BC . Has she said anything to you about why she has been giving you trouble or had sex? Try to communicate with her if not ... Let her know she can talk to you. Keep her away from any friends influencing the bad behavior
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN