Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What made you fall in love with your SO/ husband?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: What made you fall in love? Please elaborate

Options:

appearance

personality

intelligence

wealth

mutual interests

adult activities

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 98

View Results

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:56 AM
Replies (31-40):
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:25 PM

Shared values is very important, I agree.

Quoting swishyskirt:

Other: shared values.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this

This sounds so close to my experience also. :)

Quoting Nela12: I picked personality but it's way more then that, I just felt so comfortable around him. I felt like we could talk about everything, he listened. He always made me so happy. Everytime he would call my heart would drop and start pounding. Before I would see him I would have butterflies, I would always be so nervous around him for a little bit. The way he treated me, and looked at me so different then what others did. There's so much more

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:42 PM

He sounds like a keeper. :)

Quoting mamalama898:

He has all the qualities on my list after divorcing my first husband. I didn't actually make a list but he's attractive, good in bed, has a good head on his shoulders, a great job, great with kids, calm, not violent, isn't abusive, doesn't expect me to be perfect. I also like that he can hunt, fix anything, and is a manly man but not in a dick head way :)

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM

LOL!!

Quoting coolmommy2x: I always tell him I thought he was rich. LOL!

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this

He sounds wonderful. :) 

Quoting natural_s:

His personality. He is a very positive person and has a big heart and loves so easily.

lorelei10
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this

For me, at first, I just wanted him to have sex with me. I met him at walmart and I was insanely attracted to him. I didnt want a boyfriend at the time so I was hoping to have a friend with benefits (BTW I regret 90% of everything I did at this time in my life, I am not proud of how I was in this story, I was just proud of him). We went over to his house to hang out and play video games on our first date after we got ice cream. I made moves on him all freaking day and not once did he even hint at making out. I left around 10 or so that night. We made plans to watch a hockey game at his house the next night. nothing. The next night I decided to see if I could have a movie night with him! I was determined to get in his pants... he was making me work...

he finally went to second base on the third date. By then, he already had me hooked and I didnt even know it. I brushed it off as lust, because that was the whole point of this, but I just could NOT stop thinking about hanging out with him, just being around him made me feel "complete". It was a really annoying feeling so after hanging out ALL the time for about a month, I went cold turkey from him for a week... he was sooo confused and hurt and I ignored his calls and texts because I was afraid I would want to hang out with him.. I wasnt ready to fall for anyone. 

After that week I finally texted him back with some lame excuse he didnt believe but he just let it go and we went back to hanging out. I think the night I admitted my feelings for him to myself (he didnt find out til much later) was when I came down with a bad flu and he came over and brought me chicken soup and took care of me while my aunt was working. He was so tender and sweet. Not too long after that, a friend of mine died and he was there for me then too. He was making all of the pain and hurt easier to bear. 

A few months later we were having sex and he told me he loved me. I was like WTF. I told him after we finished that I love him too and that was NOT how I was hoping that would go haha

RoseWall
by Platinum Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:00 PM
1 mom liked this
None now.with the ex...he was a virgin...so much to teach...so little time
fudgybuddymom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I put personality but it was his intelligence & his personality as well as his ability to make me laugh when I hadn't been able to laugh for a long time.

NativeMamaDuke
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I put other cuz I can't put my finger on on thing in particular. its a combination of everything that made me fall for him. We were friends long before lovers though :)

BannerElkHogans
by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 6:48 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband an I HATED EACH OTHER....he thught I was a Man Hater an Basher - men make me mad...lol....I thought he was a Sexist Arrogant Asshole .....ha ha ha....together 9 yrs an married 8 ....funny how fate works out ......now i just find him Funny ,quiet natured an Himself!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN