Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Wanting A Baby @18

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:02 PM
  • 46 Replies

Im 18 years old. I have graduated from high school. And currently going to beauty school. I have been wanting a baby for about a month now. I am a lesbian. but i need someone to talk to about being a teen mom. 

by on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WundrWmn
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM
Hey there! I am 34 now but I had my first child one month after I turned 17 and my 2nd baby at 19. I am now pregnant with my 5th (and last) child... I'm pretty much an expert on the topic, what kind of questions do you have or how can I help?
amberNewman0213
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:32 PM
3 moms liked this
I had a baby at 18. Don't do it. I mean I'm 21 now and married and I love my life as a mom but u really miss out on a lot of fun things. Like being able to just take off with friends and stuff. It's such a better experience when u are ready to settle down and have a house car etc. I know a lot of people say that but it is truly so so so much harder and like I said u miss out on so many things.
lyranightshade
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:33 PM
4 moms liked this
This is a terrible idea, OP.
You have TONS of time to become a mother. You may be an adult chronologically, but the amount you mature between now and when you're 25? Unbelievable. I swear.
Please, please wait. Have a home that you own. Be comfortable. Have a stable partner. THEN look into children.
228mommy922
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:38 PM
It is your personal decision I got pregnant at 18 had baby at 19, she is 13 months old and I am 20 now and 15 Weeks pregnant with baby 2. I will say that there is alot of things to consider. What questions do you have?
amberNewman0213
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:40 PM
Just the maturity for me from now to 21 is so big!

Quoting lyranightshade: This is a terrible idea, OP.
You have TONS of time to become a mother. You may be an adult chronologically, but the amount you mature between now and when you're 25? Unbelievable. I swear.
Please, please wait. Have a home that you own. Be comfortable. Have a stable partner. THEN look into children.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
If you were my DD, and I am old enough to be your mom, I would beg you to wait, to get your career started, mature and experience life first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyranightshade
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this
It is! Just...I look back on who I thought I was at 18 and cringe. I was so self assured. Now, I'm almost 28 and a world away from that girl. .. some good, some not so good. But so different that I might as well be unrecognizable. Hell, at 18, I couldn't keep a plant alive! It amazes me how teen moms do it... and I've seen some good ones!

Quoting amberNewman0213: Just the maturity for me from now to 21 is so big!

Quoting lyranightshade: This is a terrible idea, OP.
Want2BeATeenMom
by New Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Although I feel as if my life will start when I have a child. I hate being young. I think I have had enough time with being youn as it is. 

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Think about the human being that you will be bringing into the world. Possibly a solution is to get day care training and get employment at a daycare center, this would maybe help you be the very best mom you can be.

Quoting Want2BeATeenMom:

Although I feel as if my life will start when I have a child. I hate being young. I think I have had enough time with being youn as it is. 

Beth3721
by Member on Apr. 1, 2014 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

My advice.  Experience life first.  I love my child, but sometimes I wonder what if?  I see my old friends traveling and being able to do what they want whenever they want.  It makes me jealous sometimes that I never got to experience a lot of things because I had a baby early.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)