Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What did you sacrifice when you became a mom?

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
  • 116 Replies

My sister and I were talking about things we gave up once we became moms. Some were little things like I don't keep Pepperidge Farm cookies around anymore because I don't want the kids to pig out on the bad stuff (I really miss those milanos!) And other things were big like her quitting her job because she couldn't stand the thought of putting her kid into daycare (she was next in line for a promotion the month she quit). My sister also had to give up her car since she wasn't working, and she really hated doing that.

So, what did you give up when you became a mom? Was it something you did willingly, or something you had no choice but to let go of?

by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nerdymom28
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:08 PM
11 moms liked this

The biggest thing I gave up for my children was my body. It will never be the same.

nocalmegan
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:09 PM
My small boobs 😫 I went up two cup sizes and have back issue now.
My ability to do things spur of the moment.
Peace and quiet.
My sanity haha.
JenD_77
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:10 PM

I agree with the whole body thing but I was kind of big to before kids... I think at first I gave up finished school but I started back on another degree back in december... other thing was just plain going out when I wanted to it seems. 

greenlove2013
by Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:11 PM
5 moms liked this
Everything and sometimes I'm just not happy about that.
NatVer
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 2:14 PM
My sleep.
Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

My job, my pension, my job skills, upward mobility in the job market.

But it was my choice to be a SAHM, and it was a busy and valuable part of my life.

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:04 PM

a second car

vacations

nice clothes

big house

Yes, worth it. :)

Mbe89
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:28 PM
My health, I developed chronic endo and pcos then causing multiple operations and blocked tube!! Fainting and constantly feeling poorly! BUT I WOULDNT CHANGE IT FOR THE WORLD, she is my princess my miracle my everything :-D xxx
Brayleesmomm318
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 4:33 PM
5 moms liked this
The biggest thing i gave up when i became a mom, was my sanity! " Wherever you went....... i miss you"
Kazoo22
by on Apr. 2, 2014 at 9:15 PM

It's a long list, probably typical stuff moms would say. Though most is just temporary. Of course things like spontaneous trips, and being able to do what I want when I want to are things that I give up permanently at least until my child leaves home. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN