• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

diabetes

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:51 PM
  • 11 Replies
just left my dr office crying my eyes out in my car. was jst diagnosis with diabetes. my dr said its common when ur pregnant not to worry it will go away. im crying not happy about this news and having to poke myself 4times a day to check my blood. ugggg had to vent
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
chaotic.mind
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:00 PM

It's really not all that bad. 

I had it with two of my pregnancies. 

I had to give myself shots in the side of my stomach each day. The needle was tiny and it didn't hurt at all. 

Yes, it's a pain in the ass but it will go away once you have the baby. 

heavenpenland
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 1:47 PM
thank u for ur comment. if u dnt mind me asking why ur stomach i have to do it on my fingers. and how long after u gave birth did it go away

Quoting chaotic.mind:

I had to give myself shots in the side of my stomach each day. The needle was tiny and it didn't hurt at all. 

chaotic.mind
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:13 PM

When you test what your sugars are, you prick your finger. I had to give myself insulin which is given on the side of the stomach. 

Quoting heavenpenland: thank u for ur comment. if u dnt mind me asking why ur stomach i have to do it on my fingers. and how long after u gave birth did it go away
Quoting chaotic.mind:

LuLuRex
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:09 PM

One of my Bffs had that while she was pregnant and she said it wasn't that bad. Hang in there!

Molimomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Ugh. I had GD with my son. The finger pricks got old quick, especially since I was still teaching 1st grade at the time so after lunch I had a 22 person audience. The changed my dosage of the pills 3 x I think and towards the end of my pregnancy it didn't seem how careful I was my sugar was still out of wack(eventually my BP was too but that's another story). Try and control your diet best you can. I wasn't really a big sugar or sweets person to begin with but I have always been a carbo queen so that was hard. Good luck and pray it goes away when baby arrives, it usually does. Biggest bummer was I couldn't enjoy the cake or punch at my baby shower but overall we both survived.

HazelEyedmOmma2
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:01 PM

I am sorry I had the same reaction when I found out I had Diabetes,I bursted out crying right there in the ER Hospital Room,it's been 4 years and I am still struggling with it sometimes,if You wan't someone to chat with You can add me as a friend,sometimes it feels like my only support is my DR and Nutrionist..I did't have it when I was pregnant and I am the only person in my family who ha it,also it has caused a multitude of other issues for me too :-(

heavenpenland
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this
thank u so.much for ur post also ,for extending ur support to me i appriciate u. silly me havent learn how to add friends can u send me a request.thank u

Quoting HazelEyedmOmma2:

I am sorry I had the same reaction when I found out I had Diabetes,I bursted out crying right there in the ER Hospital Room,it's been 4 years and I am still struggling with it sometimes,if You wan't someone to chat with You can add me as a friend,sometimes it feels like my only support is my DR and Nutrionist..I did't have it when I was pregnant and I am the only person in my family who ha it,also it has caused a multitude of other issues for me too :-(

heavenpenland
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM
thank u

Quoting chaotic.mind:

When you test what your sugars are, you prick your finger. I had to give myself insulin which is given on the side of the stomach. 

Quoting heavenpenland: thank u for ur comment. if u dnt mind me asking why ur stomach i have to do it on my fingers. and how long after u gave birth did it go away

Quoting chaotic.mind:

heavenpenland
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:12 PM
thank u

Quoting chaotic.mind:

Quoting chaotic.mind:

heavenpenland
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:15 PM
thank u

Quoting LuLuRex:

One of my Bffs had that while she was pregnant and she said it wasn't that bad. Hang in there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)