• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Trying something new...

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:16 PM
  • 3 Replies

Hello everyone. Due to recent circumstances and situations I have found myself desperately searching google for anything to help me. I have been a single mom for two years. My relationship with my daughters father was never a good thing. I was cheated on and left during my pregnancy and the first years of my babies life. During the times that I was attempting to work things out with him and have my family I was very unstable. He couldn't keep a job, I was still finishing high school, and we moved around several times. Finally, one day, with nothing particular happening recently between us. I just decided to leave. I no longer wanted affection from him, I had no trust for him, and I found myself wondering what I could do with mine and my daughters life if I left. I have been gone since then and living on my own. 

Over these two years, things have gotten progressively worse. We have been to court. He is currently in arrears in child support, however, he is now paying more consistently. Communicating with him has proved to be SO DANG DIFFICULT. Leading me to keep our hand off's of my daughter to no talking and getting in the car and leaving, also, only communicating through text. He has lied in the past. He has kept information from me that is my right to know as a full custodial parent. He has been violent at pick up. However, recently, my idea to leave communication to a minimum has only made things worse. Now, I only find things out that are important by soing my own research. He kept it from me that his house was infested with Scabies for a month!!! After I revceived that voicemail I immediately called the number back that he called me from. It was his girlfriend. And for two weeks following that, I tried several times to reach him and was only put in contact with the girlfriend. Whom I have NEVER agreed to go through. 

We had court this Monday. All I want is to have drama free situation. I don't care that he has a girlfriend. I don't engage in conversation with her about Nora becuase she is not her father, however, I didn't respond to her rude texts to avoid any more drama. I feel as though I foster a relationship between my daughter and her father, even though we differ tremendously in our parenting styles. My lawyer has failed to bring up incidences such as the scabies in court.. I feel like my standards as a mother are expected to be lowered. No one is helping me or sees that these things are important for the judge to be made aware of. I am at a total loss. Anyone willing to give me some feedback is appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to read this!!! 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
chaotic.mind
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 4:58 PM

Can you get a new lawyer? If you're not happy with this one and they're not even bringing up all the issues you're having to the judge then I would think you should be able to request a new attorney. 

amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:28 PM

Definitely document everything, including communication from your ex's girlfriend as well as the information about the scabies, etc.

Aokelly
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:09 PM
Thank you so much for your replies ladies! Meeting with a female attorney today! I have a running journal and printed evidence going back to October. Keeping up with it now. It's so nice to hear that my concerns are understandable. I have begun to doubt myself and my worries when it just keeps getting dismissed. I feel like they are things to being to the judges attention.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)