Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you let your teen's boyfriend spend the night?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:06 PM
  • 74 Replies
1 mom liked this

My oldest daughter, 18, is coming home this weekend and staying with us while the dorm's being renovated. She asked us if her boyfriend, 19, can stay overnight in her room one night this weekend before he heads out of state to stay with his parents during the reno.

Now, I'm not dumb enough to think they're not having sex. I know they're being safe since they're both trying for professional careers and not wanting to get tied down with a baby any time soon. However, I just don't think I'm okay with them having sex under my roof and yet I don't want to just come out and tell her/them that.

What would you do? Has anyone allowed their teen to sleep with their partner at your home?

Some beach, somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair...

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RADmomma
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM
My parents let my boyfriend stay with me & I was allowed to stay with him as well. I waited on getting pregnant too!!

You said yourself they are responsible...

You can allow him to stay & just ask that they respect you enough to wait until they are not in your home to have sex... It's just one night.
chaotic.mind
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:10 PM
11 moms liked this

The only way I'd say it was okay is if he slept on the couch. I wouldn't be okay with them sleeping in the same room. 

ashandryzmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 5:24 PM
This.

Quoting chaotic.mind:

The only way I'd say it was okay is if he slept on the couch. I wouldn't be okay with them sleeping in the same room. 

chickensmommy
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:08 PM
No way, absolutely not.
BaBeezandMe
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this

NOPE!!  My boys girlfriends will not be allowed to spend the night.

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM

No not in her room they probably are having sex but im not going to make it easier. 

LAXmom21
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
This

Quoting chaotic.mind:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Randomness2014
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:49 PM
2 moms liked this

good luckBoyfriend sleeps on the couch out of respect for you!! And daughter sleeps in her room out of basic respect for your home.  On the plus side of this arrangement you can stay up all night with boyfriend and really get to know him better to see if he is right for your daughter. At least that is what I would do.

momto3B
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:10 PM

No. I would let him stay over - in the guest room. 

mamatink7
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:17 PM
1 mom liked this

if they are responsible enough, then they can be responsible to sleep in YOUR home at separate parts of home without sneaking in middle of night. 

he can sleep downstairs or in a separate room on other side of house. not in same room, preferably with our bedroom in between

**only stating this because of the ages involved***if teen that still lives at home 365days a yr (under 18 & high school) NEVER sleep in same home not even in different parts of home will that happen

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)