Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mom of autistic son

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:24 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this
My name is marshera(shera) is what most people call me. My son was just diagnosed on the autism spectrum. He is a beautiful happy five year old but it gets very overwhelming at times for him and myself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Chicklets13
by Kris on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello, welcome to CafeMom. There is an Autism group you can check out. Lot of supportive moms.

http://www.cafemom.com/group/112775

sorry, I don't know how to make clicky lol

Cafe-ole
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:41 PM
The fact that he is so young will definitely work in your favor! There is so much help for you both.
Autism speaks
autism society
Local support group.
I'm mom to a 20 year old son with a diagnosis of severe autism.
Don't be afraid to ask for help. It is not a journey you can do alone :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 1:32 AM

there are autism groups on cafemom.  Also look into myautisticteam.com to find local Moms, physicians and therapists to help you on this journey.  I just got my daughter's diagnosis last month and those groups and site are very helpful.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:39 AM
Welcome to cafemom!
CahlilsMommy09
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:57 AM
My son was diagnosed with autism in March last year I always knew something was wrong but me being a mother I didn't want 2 believe it... Even tho it's the hardest thing I ever had 2 deal with I would never trade my first born 4 nothing in this world I swear he is a hand full but watching my baby learn everyday make me feel I accomplished a hell of alot
I Love My Autisic Son With Every Bone In Body
JennJ81
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM
Its gonna be ok! Stay on top of his school to ensure he is receiving the services he needs. Attend those IE meetings. There also support groups who can assist. My son is 10 and is doing well. He was diagnosed at 2. There are gonna be some rough days but it gets better.

Jennj81
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)