• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

VBAC's... Share your story!!

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:07 PM
  • 10 Replies

I just got the okay for my VBAC, I am a little nervous since my first was an unplanned c/s.

Share your birth story!! Pics more then welcomed!!big smile mini

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ditsyjo
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I had a c-section with my 2nd child my third was a 9.5 lb boy ( I'm 5'1" and small frame) and I managed a VBAC ... and without pain killers too... hehehe not that I would want to do that again.

GiulianaMommy
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

My SO and I had decided to leave it up to mother nature to decided if our LO would come naturally or c-section. Well, my water broke a couple days before she was due. After 9 hours of labor the dr. noticed her heart rate was very higher than normal. He said that happens when the mommy has a temperature, but I didn't have one, which he found odd. He asked me we can wait until you dilated completely or we can have a c-section. Of course freaking out in my mind, my SO other was behind a curtain (the dr wanted to talk to me and wanted privacy) anyways I thought I am not risking the baby's health over waiting to see if I dilate or not. The doctor told he would see this as VBAC. At the time I did not care we just wanted our LO to be healthy.

This is our Giuliana at 9 months.

RADmomma
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:36 AM
My first was a csection. After 4 days of natural labor I still hadn't made it past 7 cms...

My second was a vbac. It was amazing!! My water broke Friday evening & she was born Saturday afternoon.

The recovery was so so so much better! I felt great after just a few days... Compared to weeks with my first!!
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Good luck!  I've had 3 c-sections (one unplanned and two planned).

littobutterfly
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Thats amazing! Happy to hear. I hope mine is as successful.

Quoting RADmomma: My first was a csection. After 4 days of natural labor I still hadn't made it past 7 cms... My second was a vbac. It was amazing!! My water broke Friday evening & she was born Saturday afternoon. The recovery was so so so much better! I felt great after just a few days... Compared to weeks with my first!!

Hollith
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM

I'm looking to have a VBA2C this summer. Has anyone else had any experience with that? I saw a high risk doctor this week. She warned me that it may not be successful but we can try. My first was a vaginal birth, then 2 sections. So I have at least one vaginal birth on my side I guess. I could've tried VBAC with number three and I wish I did but I didn't. My first was without an epidural so I've experienced natural and I'm...good. I don't care to be completely natural this time.

littobutterfly
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:16 PM

I am VBA2C... I am due in September. What about you?

Quoting Hollith:

I'm looking to have a VBA2C this summer. Has anyone else had any experience with that? I saw a high risk doctor this week. She warned me that it may not be successful but we can try. My first was a vaginal birth, then 2 sections. So I have at least one vaginal birth on my side I guess. I could've tried VBAC with number three and I wish I did but I didn't. My first was without an epidural so I've experienced natural and I'm...good. I don't care to be completely natural this time.

MzButterfly30
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:14 PM

Well, I had an c-section with my girl 7, she was breech., and with my son 4 I was suppose to have an c-section due to my doctor saying that I should have another one, I requested an vaginal during my pregnancy. I didnt want to go through c-section again cause of the healing process and all the hell that comes with it.

I had the stomach flu and thought it was my side effects so i took an shower to rest my body and i was still having cramps. so i drove myself to the hospital and was in pain a bit.. doctors was about to send me home as i got out of bed and got my things ready to go, My water broke! so for sure I was staying!

So with my son I was in labor quite a while and my doctor kept requesting c-section and I told him no, I suffered with pain a lil but and waited for my son to switch positions and LUCKY me he did, I end up pushing him out within 10mins total. doctor gonna say my, he slid out have you done this before, i told him no.. I healed up quick and was able to walk and do normal stuff immediately unlike a c-section.. I went home and returned to school 3 days later to finish up finals... .HAPPY MEEEE!

bugsmommy0610
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:29 PM
My youngest, is a VBAC. I had him all natural, it was a perfect birth. My exhusband was deployed at the time but he was watching over Skype. Along with my mom and Sammy's god father I had Sam. It hurt like a bitch but worth it all the way :) Good luck.
NESmith63
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 7:52 PM
In hoping to have one in the next couple weeks! My cutoff date is 4/24 so unless I go into labor before that then I have to have another c-section. Fingers crossed I go into labor before then!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)