Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the area and having a hard time finding child care... help please

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hi Moms, 

I am new to the area and due to mine and my boyfriends schedules we're having a hard time finding daycare for our 18 month old daughter and would appreciate and welcome your opinions.  I am a personal trainer and he is a football coach so we need someone from like 6am-3pm a couple days and then the other days from like 10:30am-8pm (Mon-Fri).  We would love her to be with other children because she is a real fun kid and loves to play and be around others; but obviously with the hours we need, daycares are tough. Where we lived before we had a shared nanny, so she would just come to our house and then the other girls would come over when their parents droped them off or we would just drop off our daughter at their house; which was wonderful but I have not had much luck finding that here.  We were looking to pay around $180-200/week, as that is realistic in our budget and seems like it is close to what others are paying? We are not oppossed to a nanny that does not want to do a share either, we just thought that allowed the individual to get more money and also the kids to be able to play together!

If anyone knows of anyone trustworthy, reliable, and fun that this may apeal to, please let me know as I would love to chat with them and greatly appreciate your help and advise on this!

Kelly 

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
needadvice1983
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 11:39 AM
You should probably put where you are located. There's a HUGE difference in daycare prices depending on where you are. And no on can tell you any daycare suggestions if they don't know where you are. Just a suggestion.
KCR23
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Thanks for the suggestion... We live in Lakewood, OH

RADmomma
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Good luck!!

Daycare/full time sitters & nannys cost A LOT more than that per week here...

Try joining a local website or group
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:42 PM

Hi Kelly,

There are a few local groups here on CafeMom, but most of the members in the general groups are from all over the world, so it's hard to say who might be able to help you and who might not.

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)