Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Southern new Hampshire university

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM
  • 5 Replies
Has anyone seen the commercials???

And if so would is it like devry, everest, phoniex etc?

I did go to their site and talk to an advisor.

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:07 AM
I've never heard of it but I'm curious too!
ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:09 AM
Im gonna be a double major.

Ill be taking business management and american history.

The business will be on my degree. And american history just on transcript

Quoting jconney80: I've never heard of it but I'm curious too!
ljmom24
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:58 AM
I have from friends who's kids go there but they live on campus. It's a pretty popular school around here because it's not that far and cheaper then local universities. State schools are getting very hard to get into here.

Also they are non profit vs the other popular options which are for profit and getting a lot of hear from department of education and congress for questionable practices. I work for a student loan company and a good 80% of of our fraud complaints currently come from u of Phoenix or Devry.
ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 6:20 AM
So people will actually look at my resume when i graduate?

People tell me that if i go to phoneix or something like that employers will laugh at my degree

Quoting ljmom24: I have from friends who's kids go there but they live on campus. It's a pretty popular school around here because it's not that far and cheaper then local universities. State schools are getting very hard to get into here.

Also they are non profit vs the other popular options which are for profit and getting a lot of hear from department of education and congress for questionable practices. I work for a student loan company and a good 80% of of our fraud complaints currently come from u of Phoenix or Devry.
ljmom24
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 7:22 AM
SUNY has been around for awhile. I looked at it when I was in high school. Never heard the laughing at u of Phoenix just know from working in the industry they are more about getting your money less about helping you get a degree. College is what you put into it and think some of the issue with on line schools are you have to be more dedicated and students get themselves in a pickle. Also look around your area to see if local universities offer on line degrees to compete with the for profit ones and if possible I would choose a program connected to a brick and motor university vs a solely on line one.

Quoting ABCMomma0211: So people will actually look at my resume when i graduate?

People tell me that if i go to phoneix or something like that employers will laugh at my degree

Quoting ljmom24: I have from friends who's kids go there but they live on campus. It's a pretty popular school around here because it's not that far and cheaper then local universities. State schools are getting very hard to get into here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN