Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you find this rude?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM
  • 46 Replies
1 mom liked this
Someone calls your phone and first thing they say is whose this? They don't tell you who they are and it is a wrong number call. I mean I understand dialing the wrong number by mistake but they called me, I find it a bit rude, to be honest.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Yes it is very rude. When my teenage son gets calls (not often) they call the phone talking like that and I have to tell my friend he needs to tell his friends how to talk on the phone properly and then they apologize. I have not had an adult do it though.

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM
2 moms liked this

Yes it is rude.  I can also just picture some frazzled wife suspecting her husband of cheating and frantically dialing a number, ready to accuse and go ballistic.  LOL

DensHag
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:49 PM
6 moms liked this

I have had that happen and I have said..."Who is this?  You called me."  I am not giving my name to some unknown person.

Lauriemom
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:54 PM

I do think it's rude. I have said "Have I reached a residence? I think I may have dialed a wrong number". But "Who is this" is rude!

goodnightmama
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM
I responded with, may I ask who is calling. Her response was uh, I must have gotten the wrong number and hung up on me

Quoting DensHag:

I have had that happen and I have said..."Who is this?  You called me."  I am not giving my name to some unknown person.

TB78
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:24 PM
Either this or I would say, "Whom do you wish to speak with?" đŸ˜‰

Quoting DensHag:

Jessy76
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:33 PM

Yes it's rude I never give a straight answer to that when someone calls me. Usually I say I don't know you tell me you called my number.

Teeshann
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:35 PM
About as good as answering my phone and getting an automated message that says "thanks for calling".lol I hung up
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:37 PM
Yes very rude.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoBrenna
by Silver Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM

I had a call like that once and then the girl proceeded to accuse me of being with her boyfriend and being the "other woman". I was with my, then boyfriend, and he was not who she was looking for. Eventually, she realized that she had transposed two numbers after my bf got on the line. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)