Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help Huggies Donate Diapers to Congratulate Mets Player Daniel Murphy! Do you think he did the right thing?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
  • 123 Replies
7 moms liked this

baseballHuggies congratulates New York Mets player Daniel Murphy on the birth of his son Noah!

In honor of all dads, Huggies is donating diapers to The National Diaper Bank Network for each use/share of #HuggiesSupportsDaniel.

Stop by the Huggies Facebook and Twitter pages to learn more about #HuggiesSupportsDaniel.

Some people have criticized Daniel Murphy for missing opening day to be with his wife for the birth of their baby.  Do you think he did the right thing?

by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NearSeattleMom
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I think his choice was valid.  

That said, my husband missed my second birth--because I was in denial and told him not to come home yet (I had a homebirth)--he arrived about 10 minutes after the baby did.  And . . . it wasn't a big deal for either of us.

(I think midwives and women are better birth attendants than husbands . . . but if the husand WANTS the experience of seeing his child being born, he should be able to have that.)

JanieJo
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:50 PM
31 moms liked this
Absolutely! He was right. More pro athletes should follow his example and be stand up humans! His baseball career will be short lived, he will be a father forever!
mom2rhea-ann
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:52 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting NearSeattleMom:

I think his choice was valid.  

but if the husand WANTS the experience of seeing his child being born, he should be able to have that.)

I totally agree with this 200% and then some. 

jeda1429
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM
2 moms liked this

Of course he did the right thing!

bloomsr
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
I think it's time for some people to retire their "Baseball is LIFE the rest is just details" t-shirts. Congrats to the new dad!!
bellawomen
by Summer on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM
6 moms liked this

Damn right he did the right thing.  There will always be more Opening Days.  There will always be more baseball games, other teams to play for, other batters to strike out, other games to win, other games to lose.  There is only way birth of your child.

JoanahLee
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:58 PM
19 moms liked this

Ballgame Vs birth of child? 

Why is that even a question???  

BrittSam2011
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 2:59 PM
4 moms liked this

Yes, he did the right thing. He wanted to be there for the birth of his first child and he was allowed to according to the rules. Big deal, he missed 2 games, it didn't completely screw up the whole season. Being a father is more important than that.

my DH took off a few days every time we had a baby. Everyone understood and no one said anything about it.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Nee86
by Bronze Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Agree! My husband asked the same thing last night.

Quoting JoanahLee:

JoanahLee
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM
7 moms liked this

Men get such a bad rap.  Most men are GOOD people, who turn into GOOD fathers and make excellent choices where there children are concerned. I hate that the "macho" thing to do is bail on your wife and child, that being caring and tender is equated to being week.  Its really sad.

And this coming from a lesbian who has NEVER had a male partner. So its not even like im biased towards men lol 

Quoting Nee86: Agree! My husband asked the same thing last night.
Quoting JoanahLee:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN