Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Mood swings...

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM
  • 9 Replies
Ladies, Do any of y'all experience bad mood swings?? I have PCOS, And we are currently TTC. But my mood swings are horrendous! I have been suggested by many friends and family that getting prescribed an anti depressant would possibly really help me...

One minute I'm mad. The next im upset, Then I couldn't be happier LOL! And I'm constantly worrying about something..

Any thoughts or suggestions??
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
TB78
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes I get them really badly before I even get my period and then sometimes I go through days where I get weepy, pissed, and achy.
If you do go for antidepressants make sure to tell you doctor that you are ttc so the meds don't hurt the soon to be unborn baby.
Jessy76
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Are you taking anything to help you conceive?

I have PCOS as well. We adopted several years ago and I tried to Breast feed since we adopted our daughter from birth. The supplements they gave me to help my milk develop made my mood swing like CRAZY! I couldn't take it. I had to get off them. I was a CRAZY lady on them even I couldn't stand myself.

blessedsunshine
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:18 PM
Well, Long story short, I went to the doctor in November 2013 and found my ovaries were covered in cysts. (I had been off BC for a year and a half at this time) So, Then she put me back on it then to hopefully reduce the cysts. I have another appointment in May and hopefully will be able to get off the BC. But my mood swings have always been pretty bad....I guess I'm just realizing how bad they really are... And it seems more and more people are suggesting I take medication for it.

Quoting Jessy76:

Are you taking anything to help you conceive?

I have PCOS as well. We adopted several years ago and I tried to Breast feed since we adopted our daughter from birth. The supplements they gave me to help my milk develop made my mood swing like CRAZY! I couldn't take it. I had to get off them. I was a CRAZY lady on them even I couldn't stand myself.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:24 AM

I read that a low carb diet will help to increase your fertility if you have PCOS and also St Johns Wort is an herbal supplement that helps with mild depression and anxiety aka will level out your mood.

ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:47 AM
BC can make it worse.

There is another word for what you have....i just cant remember it.

My mood swings the week before my period are horrible.

My husband just looks at me and i will flip out on him.

ABCMomma0211
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:48 AM
Pmdd
Jessy76
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I was always told you have to be careful with St Johns Wart it is not safe if you are TTC or in the early stages of pregnancy because it can have negative effects on the pregnancy.

Quoting MixedCooke:

I read that a low carb diet will help to increase your fertility if you have PCOS and also St Johns Wort is an herbal supplement that helps with mild depression and anxiety aka will level out your mood.

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Yeah. Mainly during shark week. I mostly cycle between crying my eyes out for no reason and that sort of white-hot rage that makes you SMILE in the most unnerving way. I may have some okay in between, but rarely happy. I hate it.

I was on Prozac when pregnant, but told to stop taking it when I hit the 8mo mark. Something to do with withdrawals, IIRC. It's a category C drug though - risk cannot be ruled out. Most antidepressants are, except for Paxil - which is cat D/positive evidence of risk.

Have you tried phototherapy? I don't know if it really works, but it would be of less risk when you do become pregnant.

MixedCooke
by Ruby Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 9:59 AM
Never had any issues with it while trying or during my pregnancy.

Quoting Jessy76:

I was always told you have to be careful with St Johns Wart it is not safe if you are TTC or in the early stages of pregnancy because it can have negative effects on the pregnancy.

Quoting MixedCooke:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)