Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

advice on daughters ear

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM
  • 17 Replies
Hi ladies just looking for some advice. We had our daughter in at the dr for a checkup. The dr noticed she had some "ick" brewing in her ear so he prescribed some drops. She woke up today and her ear is leaking puss blood and looks like wax. ( sorry for the details) we put the drops in her ear and she screams bloody murder as if in pain. Just wondering if I should take her back in.shes not running a temp just cranky brief history: she's always suffered from ear infections and had tunes put in but they have came out.
by on Apr. 4, 2014 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beadingmom17
by Rachel on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:24 PM
She might be allergic to the drops. That happened to my DD. Call the doctor and see about getting different drops!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Sounds like the eardrum busted. I don't think you should use the drops again until you go back. If it's busted you shouldn't use them, but a dr needs to confirm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Murffsmom
by New Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:29 PM

It does sound like a busted ear drum:(

stephnl20
by Member on Apr. 4, 2014 at 10:41 PM
That's what I thought. The dr said he couldn't see her ear drum because of the gunk in there.

Quoting kitty8199: Sounds like the eardrum busted. I don't think you should use the drops again until you go back. If it's busted you shouldn't use them, but a dr needs to confirm.
kitty8199
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this
The drainage makes me think it did, especially with the pain when you put the drops

Quoting stephnl20: That's what I thought. The dr said he couldn't see her ear drum because of the gunk in there.

Quoting kitty8199: Sounds like the eardrum busted. I don't think you should use the drops again until you go back. If it's busted you shouldn't use them, but a dr needs to confirm.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hapsand123
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:25 AM

My son HATED DROPS!!!!! I think its pain, I think that its weird and a scary to have something dropped in her ear. 

My mom helped me when she came to visit and let him lay on her lap with a pillow and talked to him and told him to think about the best place he could think of. He couldnt so she helped, does it have bubbles everywhere, slides, HUGE GIGANTIC flowers, and then they went on. She said, now close your eyes and think about that place and being in it. Who is there and what are you guys doing there. 

I put my fingers next to his ear and put the drops in. If shook a little cuz he hated it but my mom just kept talking about it and making him talk about it and petting his head/hair and he was fine. 

So I think its just because she doesnt like them at all, and again, my son SCREAMED bloody murder the first few times too until we calmed him and did it. 

norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:27 AM
Burst ear drum. It's terribly painful. I've had it happen twice.
LHmomof2
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Go back to the Dr. and don't use the drops!

stephnl20
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:26 PM

Mobile Photo

Well after being up all night and her ear looking like this we are taking little bit back in! Thoughts on if this looks as bad as I think it is?
pinkcoffeecup
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 3:01 PM

I'd at least call the doctor. Ask what they say you should do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)