Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just wondering....Please answer....

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:15 PM
  • 26 Replies
If your SO gave you a engagement ring that he had for a few years but it was purchased for someone else, how would you feel?
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
my3littleboys
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM
Bump
BubbasMa12
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:31 PM
2 moms liked this
I would bE upset. I would tell him my feelings about it and ask he get one he wanted for ME. Not his ex.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

If he purchased it for someone else but things went sour then yes I would be upset but if he got it second hand from someone else then no big deal. That would be easier to take then he being the one to purchase it for an old flame.

coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't accept it. I wouldn't care if he reused the stones but I would insist on a completely new setting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 2:08 PM
2 moms liked this

I think the ring should be significant to the relationship or be a special part of the family like an heirloom that has been passed down for generations. 

Hottmomma607
Monday!
Yesterday at 12:50 PM
by Trica on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:46 AM
1 mom liked this
If it was for someone else from a few yeats ago, I wouldn't like that.
WildPowerMom
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:19 AM
3 moms liked this

Mixed feelings.

First, that he was probably really wise with not selling it back, getting less than he'd gotten, and then purchasing again.  So, there's that logic.

Second, that he probably wasn't sentimental to objects or he would have gotten rid of it.  So, to him, it's just a ring and not "her ring."

Third, everytime I'd look at it I'd remember that he had someone else in mind when he picked the style, colors, metal....  I think that would haunt me.

kmeow
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM
2 moms liked this

I would have a fit, frankly. I think the ring you buy for your fiance/spouse should have a certain amount of consideration when chosen, and I like knowing when I look at my ring that my husband chose it just for me because he knew I would love it, not for some other woman.

Pnukey
by Jennifer on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM

I wouldn't be happy, that's for sure.

withsecond
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:33 PM

I would be pissed. I wouldn't want a ring that was originally picked out for someone else. 

If it was a family ring that would be different. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)