Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Who can tell me about northern Florida?

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM
  • 7 Replies

Jacksonville, Gainesville, Daytona, around in there. We are pretty sure going to be moving there, myself and my six year old son. Also, my 75 year old mom and 70 year old step-dad. They are snowbirds, they still live in Boston most of the year. Right now I live in Phoenix and mom and dad have a winter house here. Lots of reasons to move, including the six hour plane ride.

. My stepfather used to live n northern Florida and adores it there.  It seems to fit everyone's needs in a lot of ways, cost of living,weather,etc.  please share any and all experiences, both good and bad. Also, we aren't ruling out eastern Georrgia or S. Carolina. 

by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
katiebug840204
by Gold Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:42 PM
I live in Port Orange which is sister cities(just south of) with Daytona Beach. I LOVE it here. We moved from central GA last August. Best thing we ever did was move here. There is always something going on and the crime rate isn't bad. The schools are great and the community is great!
demonica29
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM

Bump

JCKitten87
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 4:43 PM
I don't remember it much but I lived in Jacksonville as a kid. I have A LOT of family in Pensacola FL
demonica29
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Bump
auntangelofsix
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:22 PM
Me n my family live in Jacksonville and we love it the jobs and all are great.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I use to live in the Panhandle area.
RandiBear
by Member on Apr. 5, 2014 at 10:24 PM

I used to live in Gainesville. It's very nice there. They have a FANTASTIC natural history museum, including a butterfly house, lots of childrens acitvities, pretty decent schools...just be prepared to be swamped by Gators (the team) stuff because that is their home town. Also, not too far away is Manatee Springs where you can see the Manatee come in to the hot springs and walk out along the river and stuff. Beautiful.

Quoting demonica29:

Jacksonville, Gainesville, Daytona, around in there. We are pretty sure going to be moving there, myself and my six year old son. Also, my 75 year old mom and 70 year old step-dad. They are snowbirds, they still live in Boston most of the year. Right now I live in Phoenix and mom and dad have a winter house here. Lots of reasons to move, including the six hour plane ride.

. My stepfather used to live n northern Florida and adores it there.  It seems to fit everyone's needs in a lot of ways, cost of living,weather,etc.  please share any and all experiences, both good and bad. Also, we aren't ruling out eastern Georrgia or S. Carolina. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN