Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I need help plz?!

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:29 AM
  • 5 Replies
Since my man & I have been together I have worked. At 1 point we were both working, but since before we had our daughter who is now 2, he has been stay at home dad. Now that we have our 4th daughter & I breastfeed I want our arrangement to change, so I can be home with our 2 Lil ones. I've tried to talk to him about him going back to work, but not having success with it. I need a break somewhere! I'm trying to get myself ready to go back to work because we have to have an income coming in, but me going back to work means working full-time, coming home to feed, diaper new baby, do dishes, laundry, make appts for everyone, take everyone to their appts, do our grocery shopping, figure out what to make for dinner every night, get bills paid, & run any other necessary household errands! Any advice? Plz help me!
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:35 AM
So he's stays at home now? And now you want to stay at home?
Reina13
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi. Maybe I am missing something, but other than breastfeeding, what needs to be done at home that he cannot or isn't doing. If you are working full time and he is staying home, why isn't he doing the schedules, appointments, chores, errands, dinner etc?

Marriage is a partnership and it is unfair to one parent, be it the mom or dad to have to do everything. 

Has he said why he doesn't want to go back to work?

Bmat
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 4:12 PM
2 moms liked this

If he is the stay at home parent, then he needs to run the household, the same as any stay at home mom or dad. Your job is to bring the money in and maybe some other help around the house, but the primary work at home is for him. If he is just having a life of leisure and having you work outside the home as well as be the homemaker, then you are being taken hugely advantage of and may well be better off without him.

Pnukey
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Yeah, if he's the stay at home parent, he can do everything but breastfeed. That's what DH did when I went to work and he stayed home with the kids when they were babies.

withsecond
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 6:38 PM

If he's going to be staying home then he should be the one to take care of the kids the house. Why do you need to do all of that if he's going to be there?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN