Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Can you relate to your teenager?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

Hello,

I was told so many horror stories about when my kids start becoming teens they will become difficult.  I do see the normal teen acts happening like being boy crazy and cell phone crazy but that seems pretty normal from when I was a teen. I have been fortunate that my daughter comes to me and asks questions about pretty much everything. I know she may not tell me everything but she does vent her day to me even if it's about boy drama, friend drama or personal questions she may have. I have been honest with her and been opened for her to talk to me. Now she Is not that open with her father but that is understandable. Anyone  else close with their teen and will this last?

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

yes I was extremely close with both my teens. One rebelled more than the other. Now that he is an adult he understand why the rules we had were in place. He understands why I parented like I did. We had 1 year of hell with this kid. That year we weren't close at times. We are extremely close again.

Mmackay
by New Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:40 AM
2 moms liked this

I uses to be with my daughter, she's 20 now. I'm not the type of parent the "supports" everything my kids want to do. When I say that I will tell them if it's not a good idea. I know in the end it's her decision to make but I'm not going to say oh that's a great idea you should do that if I don't think it is. With that being said I think that's why she doesn't tell me everything anymore. 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this
Well I dont have a teen as of yet. He will be 13 on the 30th. He comes to me and tell me things. Some things I feel he should go to my husband and talk to him about but I don't mind at all talking with him about those things. Because that's my son and I love him.

I hope all of my kids will be comfortable to come and talk to me about their friend problems etc..

StreetsAhead
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm very close to DS, there is only 12 years between us, so we have a sort of Gilmore thing going on. I hope it will continue I'm expecting fall out a bit but hope that we can remain close

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm very close to both my teens. One boy and one girl. My dd tells me everything as does my ds. They are addicted to their phones, but its up to you to start conversations with them and the more you start, the more willing they are to come to you on their own. That is what I've learned. My ds is 16 almost 17 and my dd is 17 almost 18. I love our relatuonsjps. Its all up to u
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)