Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

To daycare or not to daycare??... That is the question.

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:18 PM
  • 3 Replies
Hello my fellow mothers,

I want to give you a quick background... I just finished custody from being 50/50 to sole and no visitation for 60 days( different story for another day) for my 1 yr and 2 yr..And we have moved about 2-3 during this process. I am on state assistance for daycare.

The girls started daycare last week and I have been doing about 4 hrs max just to get them adjusted. The girls have never been until now. I understand about them crying and screaming bloody murder when I leave and when I get them. Well on Friday while I was picking them up, they were outside playing(girls are in different classes) so I decided to watch them for a little bit to see how they were doing. I saw my littlest one crying for her sister on the other side of the fence and she was crying for her as well. I understand that the are so few teachers and they have other children .. however, I just wanted them to be more attentive for their first week. When I got home and took them a bath I noticed a bite mark and scratches on one then and other just scratches. They are kids understood however, I would appreciate a little heads up and let me know if something does happens. And now it's really hard for me to take them however I can not miss a day. Besides me talking with the director and giving her my conceens, what should I do .. Look for a new daycare or use a babysitter?? I would love some feedback and advice .. anything
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
1stpreggers
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:23 PM
I would start interviewing babysitters . Daycare isnt for children under 4 yrs imo. I'll probably never put my ds in daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
100problems-1
by Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:27 PM
That. Is strange you weren't told about the marks. Mine daycare tells me about anything at pick up.

Quoting Jackielita: Hello my fellow mothers,

I want to give you a quick background... I just finished custody from being 50/50 to sole and no visitation for 60 days( different story for another day) for my 1 yr and 2 yr..And we have moved about 2-3 during this process. I am on state assistance for daycare.

The girls started daycare last week and I have been doing about 4 hrs max just to get them adjusted. The girls have never been until now. I understand about them crying and screaming bloody murder when I leave and when I get them. Well on Friday while I was picking them up, they were outside playing(girls are in different classes) so I decided to watch them for a little bit to see how they were doing. I saw my littlest one crying for her sister on the other side of the fence and she was crying for her as well. I understand that the are so few teachers and they have other children .. however, I just wanted them to be more attentive for their first week. When I got home and took them a bath I noticed a bite mark and scratches on one then and other just scratches. They are kids understood however, I would appreciate a little heads up and let me know if something does happens. And now it's really hard for me to take them however I can not miss a day. Besides me talking with the director and giving her my conceens, what should I do .. Look for a new daycare or use a babysitter?? I would love some feedback and advice .. anything
Jackielita
by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:30 PM
Thank you! Yes, I was in a horrible custody battle where I had to tell them if I got the girls had a bug bite. So, I just figured they would tell me
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN