Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Names

Posted by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 4:32 PM
  • 326 Replies
3 moms liked this
When naming your child(dren) who named them? Are they named after someone?
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 4:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PixiePurFect
by New Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:07 PM
4 moms liked this

My DS's middle name is Thomas. He is named after my dad who passed away 13 years ago. I was 20.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:11 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting PixiePurFect:

My DS's middle name is Thomas. He is named after my dad who passed away 13 years ago. I was 20.

hugs That's nice. Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 4yrs. ago.

RitaTequila531
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:13 PM
3 moms liked this
My daughter was named by my husband.
The deal was, I'd name a boy, he'd name a girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
waytomanykids10
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:33 PM

My  husband named the 4 we have together. His first wife named their 2, the others all came to us named.

DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:35 PM
I have four children have two of them were named after his people. my son Adam is named after a dear friend of mine who died in a car crash, my daughter Chloe May is named after her great grandmother..
DallasCowboys81
by Platinum Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I cant forget my youngest, he is named after my hubbys best friend
beezyizzy
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved Calista, I looked it up. It was Greek, so afterwards we went with that. We have Lykos and a future Thea :)
dingysfamily
by on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My son, Matthew Brian, is by my 1st husband.  Both he & I chose his name and he isn't named after anyone.  It's just a name we both liked a lot.  Matthew means 'gift of God', which I felt he truely was; I really wanted a baby, but my dh not so much.  But by the time he was born you would have thought he'd have invented the idea!!!  Back in 1971, when Matt was born, you had to wait until the baby was born to know the sex too.  So we also had a girls name picked out, Lori Ann  ... the Ann was after my aunt, an aunt that my dh thought the world of; she was pretty much the only person that could make my husband laugh at the drop of a hat.  My second child, born in 1989  (a long stretch between babies!), is by my 2nd husband.  Again we both chose the name .... along with some really interesting discussions with all 4 of our older children (I 'gave birth' to 3 more kids when I married my current dh in 1985; he had 2 girls  & a boy).  We chose not to find out the sex until the baby was born so we chose both a girls name:  Stacie Lee, the Lee is after my mother's middle name (the grandmother she would never physically get to know) ... the baby was a girl .................. and had it been a boy it would have been Kevin Lee.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL awesome!
What's their names?

Quoting RitaTequila531: My daughter was named by my husband. The deal was, I'd name a boy, he'd name a girl.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM
So 6 kids total?

Quoting waytomanykids10:

My  husband named the 4 we have together. His first wife named their 2, the others all came to us named.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)